Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Mostly retired :)
Clubs

I could spend a post telling you about the trip from SoCal to Melissia TX to see the total solar eclipse last Monday (including my first visit to a Tesla MagicDock near DFW), but I want to say something positive about the sun/moon roof that is often disparaged : it's great for watching an eclipse through! Now I'm not the the first person to tell you NOT to look at the Sun for more than a split second (without eclipse googles), but my wife found that the view through the roof and a lot of Texas clouds was actually interesting! Lots of UV and IR filtering there! Here are some pics -including one of totality (which you can look at unaided). And a couple pics of WHEDADA (my Dec 2002 R1T) that took us and a large telescope though most of the USA. I also include one through the telescope.

It was a great trip. And a great truck!

Rivian R1T R1S So you thought the large sun/moon roof was useless? Solar Eclipse Fun IMG_0789(1)
Rivian R1T R1S So you thought the large sun/moon roof was useless? Solar Eclipse Fun IMG_0788
Rivian R1T R1S So you thought the large sun/moon roof was useless? Solar Eclipse Fun IMG_0794
Rivian R1T R1S So you thought the large sun/moon roof was useless? Solar Eclipse Fun IMG_0793
Rivian R1T R1S So you thought the large sun/moon roof was useless? Solar Eclipse Fun IMG_0821
Rivian R1T R1S So you thought the large sun/moon roof was useless? Solar Eclipse Fun 1x curved lhe64
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Also - car camping!!! Best wake up views ever.

love your images though.

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

Absolutely fabulous!!!! I saw the eclipse in Poplar Bluff, Missouri but without my R1T. Just not the same as your experience. 🙂 Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos!! The weather in Poplar Bluff great.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Great job! I absolutely love the glass on the R1T and the R1S, even better! I live in AZ and have no issue cooling either vehicle.

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I could spend a post telling you about the trip from SoCal to Melissia TX to see the total solar eclipse last Monday (including my first visit to a Tesla MagicDock near DFW), but I want to say something positive about the sun/moon roof that is often disparaged : it's great for watching an eclipse through! Now I'm not the the first person to tell you NOT to look at the Sun for more than a split second (without eclipse googles), but my wife found that the view through the roof and a lot of Texas clouds was actually interesting! Lots of UV and IR filtering there! Here are some pics -including one of totality (which you can look at unaided). And a couple pics of WHEDADA (my Dec 2002 R1T) that took us and a large telescope though most of the USA. I also include one through the telescope.

It was a great trip. And a great truck!

IMG_0789(1).jpeg
IMG_0788.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg
1x curved lhe64.jpg
I did the same thing. Was in California and my roof is tinted beyond the natural tint Rivian provides. With a pair of sunglasses and the tinted roof, was able to look at the sun and see the partial eclipse from Cali.