Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think some people over state the antics of EM as a deciding factor for most consumers. A minority are on Twitter.

I am not a fan of Tesla due to build quality and servicing concerns but they have shown urgency in getting production ramped up and lean manufacturing (although their interiors are too spartan). Rivian are spending over four years to build a factory. That won’t transform their fortunes overnight in 2026 since it will take time to ramp up. Rivian will have learnt a lot from the R1 experience and consulting with Munro to have have leaner builds (for example their seats as per the recent Munro video).
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I think some people over state the antics of EM as a deciding factor for most consumers. A minority are on Twitter.

I am not a fan of Tesla due to build quality and servicing concerns but they have shown urgency in getting production ramped up and lean manufacturing (although their interiors are too spartan). Rivian are spending over four years to build a factory. That won’t transform their fortunes overnight in 2026 since it will take time to ramp up. Rivian will have learnt a lot from the R1 experience and consulting with Munro to have have leaner builds (for example their seats as per the recent Munro video).
You don't have to be on Twitter to be aware of his behavior. I use no social media and, as I repeatedly state, EM specifically is the reason I won't consider a Tesla under any circumstances.

I wouldn't claim it's a deciding factor for *most* consumers, but it's definitely a deciding factor for a not-insignificant number of us.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

The unapologetic pricing games they play would really tick me off had I been one of those recent purchasers. Painful to see folks over pay AND watch resale get washed away in one fell swoop.
They know what they're getting into

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

You don't have to be on Twitter to be aware of his behavior. I use no social media and, as I repeatedly state, EM specifically is the reason I won't consider a Tesla under any circumstances.

I wouldn't claim it's a deciding factor for *most* consumers, but it's definitely a deciding factor for a not-insignificant number of us.
I don’t doubt it is a factor for some people including you. However it won’t move the needle that much as the market for EV expands for mid single digits to a majority in the next five or so years. Most people don’t make purchase decision on a political basis.

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I actually think Musk is a pretty cool guy, wish more public figures would actually just straight up say what they mean and put their money where their mouth is. If nothing else it’s entertaining and refreshing.
Yep, don’t get the hate for the guy, and no one who claims he’s so awful ever seems to articulate why.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I actually think Musk is a pretty cool guy, wish more public figures would actually just straight up say what they mean and put their money where their mouth is. If nothing else it’s entertaining and refreshing.
I don’t think it has to do with saying what he means, more about falsely making comments to impact stock prices and overstating capabilities like Full self driving.

I have a Tesla in my garage and a Powerwall on the house so for me the products are what has made my decisions.

I always say no matter how you feel about him as a person, you have to give him credit for what he has created. We would not be this far along with EVs without the Model S and Supercharging network. His battery storage system has pushed that industry. How quickly he was able to get SpaceX off the ground is yet another win.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

For example, how would you feel if the Cybertruck debuted at $59k with dual motors, 330mi range, and 500kw charging (you will need to shut your eyes for this comparison)?
Could be free and I still wouldn't be caught dead owning one.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Yep, don’t get the hate for the guy, and no one who claims he’s so awful ever seems to articulate why.
Agreed, the WOKE crowd went from having a crush on the guy to dispising him in record time. I have acquaintances that had strong opinions about why he should not be able to buy Twitter. Only to switch opinions to wanting a gun put to his head if necessary to force him to complete the purchase in hopes of financially damaging him.

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Agreed, the WOKE crowd went from having a crush on the guy to dispising him in record time. I have acquaintances that had strong opinions about why he should not be able to buy Twitter. Only to switch opinions to wanting a gun put to his head if necessary to force him to complete the purchase in hopes of financially damaging him.
I wanted to give someone a chance to provide a coherent defense of the Elon hatred, but it certainly seems to boil down to "I don't like that he's exposing some inconvenient truths about the political party I currently and he used to support."

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Maybe he sold all he could to one side and now he’s marketing his wares to the other. 🤔 I don’t know……….Don’t care if you like him or hate him……he is pretty smart.