Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That testing to come - I'm thinking crossbars on roof vs crossbars on bed vs control - any other configs you think are worthwhile?
Since you're asking :) Take one for the team or see if Nokian will let you borrow a set of One HT's to compare efficiency vs the stock all terrains and vs the 21's. Bonus points for 275/60/20 vs 275/65/20. I imagine if there's some decent content telling everyone to get Nokian tires for added range on the 20's when theirs wear out, it'd be good for them.

Might make more sense to do in the spring but as long as it's even across the board we can extrapolate. Plus adds potential of some weather testing the all seasons.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It's been years since I watched this, but wasn't there also a test with a bed net, as well, and that was the best of all? Something about "less weight", or am I mis-remembering?
Yes, but even that was marginal IIRC. I don’t remember the reasoning but if I had to make it up, perhaps it allowed enough of a pocket to form to create the bubble, but didn’t end up dragging the truck by allowing air to escape when needed.

That said, I’m going to start selling Rivian yellow cargo nets for anyone who’s interested. I’m expecting to sell exactly 1 so it will be priced at $9,999. Promises to increase your range by at least 0.05% or your money back.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Since you're asking :) Take one for the team or see if Nokian will let you borrow a set of One HT's to compare efficiency vs the stock all terrains and vs the 21's. Bonus points for 275/60/20 vs 275/65/20. I imagine if there's some decent content telling everyone to get Nokian tires for added range on the 20's when theirs wear out, it'd be good for them.

Might make more sense to do in the spring but as long as it's even across the board we can extrapolate. Plus adds potential of some weather testing the all seasons.
If we’re taking requests beyond just aero…

The thermal system seems to be different than many other EV makers based on Munros tear down. So as the temps drop - as much as possible since you’re in Charlotte - it would be interesting to see the effects of preconditioning vs not preconditioning. Since there’s no direct heater for the battery and it’s through motor heat, I wonder if there’s as much of an efficiency loss in the cold compared to some other makes.

OP
OP
branden

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment

I am quite interested in the added range from One HTs

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thank you! I forgot that I had looked at that and even posted in that thread! I probably got distracted by the incredibly adorable puppy picture you posted and forgot my name and everything else. I’d say 2.32 - 2.42 is pretty good with the tent, although I didn’t know what to expect.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Status
Not open for further replies.