First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm about 4 hours away from the service center and they are picking up my truck next Friday to fix some damage from my delivery. My truck is being detailed as we speak, and when my truck was originally delivered it had tons of bugs and whatnot. I want to protect it for the flatbed ride back. Should I get a car cover, or that transport wrap?

I'm getting PPF done on the front now so I'm worried the transport wrap will lift off the PPF or mess up the ceramic coating but I'm also worried that a car cover won't be safe during transport on a flatbed. Is there a cover designed for that type of thing?
Sponsored

apcautospa

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan, Mitsubishi, Dodge
Clubs

The cover will do more damage than the bugs and road contaminates. The PPF and ceramic coating will protect your clear coat and make it easier to clean when you get it back. The PPF should have had the edges heat sealed prior to you picking up and if so will not lift on the trailer ride.

OP
OP
Donald Stanfield

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
The cover will do more damage than the bugs and road contaminates. The PPF and ceramic coating will protect your clear coat and make it easier to clean when you get it back. The PPF should have had the edges heat sealed prior to you picking up and if so will not lift on the trailer ride.
Thanks for the reply. I asked my detailer this morning and he said the exact same thing. I'm not going to worry about it.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If you have the PPF on there it should be fine. A cover on the back of a truck in the wind would probably leave rub marks on your paint.

Sorry you already have to send your truck in for service. You were just getting to know each other!

OP
OP
Donald Stanfield

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
If you have the PPF on there it should be fine. A cover on the back of a truck in the wind would probably leave rub marks on your paint.

Sorry you already have to send your truck in for service. You were just getting to know each other!

It's nothing defective the delivery driver had an accident reversing out of a construction zone during delivery and hit a low hanging tree branch. My tailgate has a dent in it. Not that big of a deal because they showed it to me before it was even off the truck, asked if I still wanted to take delivery that day or if I wanted it fixed first. It didn't effect the operation of the truck at all and I was really wanting it.

They are going to bring me an R1 loaner to use while they fix my truck. Overall they have been really proactive and apologetic about it. Accidents happen, so long as responsibility is taken and it's rectified that's really the best you can hope for and Rivian has met/ exceeded my expectations in this regard.
Sponsored