Truck totaled in transit from factory

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
There needs to be more consistency in the process. I was contacted by my local SC and told the car would be here next week. My guide told me I was all set and should wait for payment processing once the car finished QC at the SC. This, to me, seems to be a good process.
Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
If you are ok with factory pickup, push them to do it ASAP. Other people have done it. If guide says no, ask for supervisor. Everyone has one.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I don’t understand how a relatively new, modern, company can be so inflexible and incredibly bureaucratic.
they are a public company, so i wonder of that has something to do with it.

OP
OP
dholt

dholt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
they are a public company, so i wonder of that has something to do with it.
Public company full of Normal people!

Four to six weeks to get a refund? That's some horse shit right there.
Right!? Just to turn around and give it right back to them and be in this same position?

Sponsored

TyeeMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2023
Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
charge them interest on their failure to deliver on the full cost of the truck on whatever prime is plus 3% or whatever Rivians own financing cost is. Seems fair as they have your cash and you still want the truck. They have insurance on their shipping, so this should be the least that they would be obligated to provide and really will not cost them much in anything. put it on the shipping co's insurance cost, not just the truck cost itself, as Rivian is not out any money.

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
When my truck was due I got a call from my Rivian guide telling me that my truck had been hit by a hit and run driver while on a transport truck and totaled. The whole story sounded fishy to me. Later someone from another state posted with the same story. I think they just screwed up and sold mine to another customer and made up the story. Good thing that I hadn't paid for it. They gave me access to the Rivian shop and I was able to choose another truck that had almost the same features.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

They should send you out another vehicle free of charge at the price you paid. Maybe ask them to pay for a plane ticket for you to fly out to the plant in Normal and take delivery from there.

I know when the SC had our truck for almost 4 weeks, they actually paid our car payment that month for us. They really didn't have to, but they did what was right.
Sponsored