First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
IT
evsport lines make a great package this is for us that more of DIY here is what you need

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C39PXRDY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBKF5M9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

total $89 for me

you will need a bracket also I 3dprinted it in PETG this works just like evsport lines. just alot cheaper if you like DIY, took me less then 15 minutes to install
I still recommend EVSport line if you like a plug and play soution . if you need the bracket printed for you can contact me for a small fee with shipping i can make you one

I made this for my 2024 R1S

Rivian R1T R1S Under $100 Carplay similar to EVSport line 1718484805744-a6

Rivian R1T R1S Under $100 Carplay similar to EVSport line 1718484799914-be
Sponsored

OP
OP

BadRivian

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
IT
it the exact screen EVSport line Uses here is a picture of it installed, I have to do some wirecleanup the wire u see is the switch i installed so i could turn it off manually if i want
Rivian R1T R1S Under $100 Carplay similar to EVSport line 1718501892334-w2

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
I think your screen is a better screen than the one EV Sportline uses. Yours looks like it has a laminated glass screen maybe? Mine feels like it has a huge air gap between the LCD and the touch surface, had poor color gamut and off-axis color shift, and just generally looked and felt like a major step down from an iPhone screen or the Rivian screens. Touch responsiveness also felt slow.

I was very unimpressed with the EV Sportline screen, and even bought this one, https://a.co/d/15Nx2Vk, and was going to try to attach it to the EV Sportline bracket because I wanted a higher quality screen to match the Rivian screen.

I decided I didn’t like the added visual clutter, and even with the EV Sportline mount, the screen still jiggled just enough to be irritating.

When I drove my father’s R1T from June-September 2022, Rivian’s OS was lacking enough that I felt like I really missed CarPlay. It’s gotten so much better now, that I don’t really miss CarPlay and find a mounted phone sufficient.

If you are looking for the highest quality CarPlay screen (that I’m aware of) which comes close to matching the quality of the Rivian screen, the one I linked is really great (60Hz, nice wide color gamut, auto dimming that works well, and very snappy processor with minimal lag). It isn’t cheap, but the EV Sportline screen felt (and looked) cheap and out of place on top of the native screen.

Sponsored

RandomMcRandomFace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, R1S
I have the same screen . . . It is fine - certainly does the job. I mounted below the main screen. I prefer this aesthetically (viewing angle is slightly worse particular If you have giant cups in the cup holder). It cost me $70 (And some Velcro strips plus some repurposed crap around the house to hold it in place).

OP
OP

BadRivian

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
IT
When I printed my Bracket i made is 100% infill so its very ridgit . I not getting and screen bounce with that I said I happy with it for under $100 it does the job.. If someone ever makes a OLED version i would switch. thank you for your comment sharing the better screen :)

I think your screen is a better screen than the one EV Sportline uses. Yours looks like it has a laminated glass screen maybe? Mine feels like it has a huge air gap between the LCD and the touch surface, had poor color gamut and off-axis color shift, and just generally looked and felt like a major step down from an iPhone screen or the Rivian screens. Touch responsiveness also felt slow.

I was very unimpressed with the EV Sportline screen, and even bought this one, https://a.co/d/15Nx2Vk, and was going to try to attach it to the EV Sportline bracket because I wanted a higher quality screen to match the Rivian screen.

I decided I didn’t like the added visual clutter, and even with the EV Sportline mount, the screen still jiggled just enough to be irritating.

When I drove my father’s R1T from June-September 2022, Rivian’s OS was lacking enough that I felt like I really missed CarPlay. It’s gotten so much better now, that I don’t really miss CarPlay and find a mounted phone sufficient.

If you are looking for the highest quality CarPlay screen (that I’m aware of) which comes close to matching the quality of the Rivian screen, the one I linked is really great (60Hz, nice wide color gamut, auto dimming that works well, and very snappy processor with minimal lag). It isn’t cheap, but the EV Sportline screen felt (and looked) cheap and out of place on top of the native screen.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
When I printed my Bracket i made is 100% infill so its very ridgit . I not getting and screen bounce with that I said I happy with it for under $100 it does the job.. If someone ever makes a OLED version i would switch. thank you for your comment sharing the better screen :)
This screen also has a cool magnetic mount. I think your bracket (slightly modified to work with this screen) would be the ultimate CarPlay solution. Of course it would be more expensive too, but much better quality than the current options. The quality of this screen compared to the EV sportline one felt like the upgrade from iPhone 3G to 4 (non-retina to retina/laminated glass).

OP
OP

BadRivian

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
IT
This screen also has a cool magnetic mount. I think your bracket (slightly modified to work with this screen) would be the ultimate CarPlay solution. Of course it would be more expensive too, but much better quality than the current options. The quality of this screen compared to the EV sportline one felt like the upgrade from iPhone 3G to 4 (non-retina to retina/laminated glass).
I Ordered the screen, I going to make a bracket for it.. I let everyone know wheni got it working correctly, wish the screen was bigger

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Ordered the screen, I going to make a bracket for it.. I let everyone know wheni got it working correctly, wish the screen was bigger
That’s awesome! Maybe I’ll consider getting it again for use with your bracket.

I actually think PETG is a better choice than aluminum, since over time I think the EV Sportline bracket might mart the wooden trim (or even on install if the dash isn’t spread wide enough). I was worried about what I might find when I decided to take mine off, but luckily no visible marks (I’ve heard reports of otherwise).

Did you base your dimensions off of the EV Sportline unit, or come up with your own? I recently bought a Bambu X1 Carbon, but haven’t had time to set it up yet. If you don’t mind my asking, what CAD software do you use? I’m most familiar with Sketchup, but trying to decide which design software to invest in/learn so I can start making my own prints!

Last edited:

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

evsport lines make a great package this is for us that more of DIY here is what you need

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C39PXRDY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBKF5M9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

total $89 for me

you will need a bracket also I 3dprinted it in PETG this works just like evsport lines. just alot cheaper if you like DIY, took me less then 15 minutes to install
I still recommend EVSport line if you like a plug and play soution . if you need the bracket printed for you can contact me for a small fee with shipping i can make you one

I made this for my 2024 R1S

1718484805744-a6.png

1718484799914-be.png
Would you share the STL files?

It looks like the higher-end screen is available with Prime shipping at normal price, two day delivery, or $50 off if ordered directly from the seller and shipping from China. I wonder if their Tesla-specific mount could also work on the Rivian screen? I can't find photos of it. The add on camera is only $15, wonder if there's some creative use for it since we don't need it for backing up.

https://www.amazon.com/Laminated-CarpodGo-T3-Portable-Display-Only/dp/B0CKXF3RST

If you sign up for their newsletter they send you a $50 discount link. I used a disposable one-time email of course, don't need the spam.

Apply discount

https://www.carpodgo.com/_t/c/A1020...qV0TV6+rFnAWP1kyZXWXhYJsDCSxdi0T94vaUxhwAdJY=

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Would you share the STL files?

It looks like the higher-end screen is available with Prime shipping at normal price, two day delivery, or $50 off if ordered directly from the seller and shipping from China. I wonder if their Tesla-specific mount could also work on the Rivian screen? I can't find photos of it. The add on camera is only $15, wonder if there's some creative use for it since we don't need it for backing up.

https://www.amazon.com/Laminated-CarpodGo-T3-Portable-Display-Only/dp/B0CKXF3RST

If you sign up for their newsletter they send you a $50 discount link. I used a disposable one-time email of course, don't need the spam.

Apply discount

https://www.carpodgo.com/_t/c/A1020005-17D989A8E4A950F8-05AC0E7C?l=AADQztRDGmfmzi/jwpY08BPpPGtMbaGdSM/5to50HCPMoNzbIYjjCCP6JK4bhSDfkBodLVSek7slTSQsRvBd7Y1WqUeQP66m0MZw+RihBY3C3sGhGCcCqYGbl7ozrCK5v/bu9XrXWkwIjVQgMCXxNSTSfJM7VljJdSEzQ0r7HRxn09rrb3NlUtfkEzsABZxMISnHrJqXx9cfdZEVlXEI5GhFUO++Q5OvbgsJ+xmNg7zs96g5nj2CjLMicDe7to7jr7AuQ1CaJymGCDRS33aXdaTm4dXo8Q06/DkKZo8Z8PQr45GxvbtI5al5Tms9Wc9xKoe6ch14rk5l7HqzGwmZ1GK1zTUgg/qhWH8DtASIWziYWaMFxVfsIl9e52wz9WTVVGQsdhAsZxl3/d9HXYRf86Op971d/HK1GNemBBLpeKhmOLM0LvIj4oaKZXtlVFOS2yaci1Fmmec=&c=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
One creative use I considered was as a “baby monitor” for my rear facing kiddo.After having CarPlay for a week, I realized that I don’t need it nearly as often as I do with other cars (that have inferior native interfaces), and my phone on a dash mount is sufficient for OnX and Waze, which were the primary apps I sometimes use that I can’t natively.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Since I have my phone mounted by the display, it does a pretty good job. However I'd really prefer a much larger space for some things, particularly OnX and Trailforks. I found myself annoyed at planning out a trail route on a tiny screen. I ended up breaking out the iPad but it doesn't have GPS, so it was pretty manual. And I don't have a mount for it (considered one).
Sponsored