Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Mostly retired :)
Clubs

My wife and I just passed by the Rivian owned theatre in Laguna Beach, CA. The R2 reveal tomorrow is supposed to be on or next to the beach across PCH. No sign of that at 3 pm today (3/6).

I like teaser on the marquee.

dr Medjools
Rivian R1T R1S What’s up a day before R2 launch in Laguna Beach: "Something Big Is On The Way" FullSizeRender
Rivian R1T R1S What’s up a day before R2 launch in Laguna Beach: "Something Big Is On The Way" IMG_9965
Sponsored

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Permits in public places have time windows, I bet everything is staged inside and they just rush everything out, setup, and teardown quick.
At least the NIMBY anti commerce objections from some residents were ignored for the annoyance they were.

Electrified Outdoors

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Quad, 2024 Rivian R1S Quad
Occupation
Real Estate
Clubs

Yeah I expect we will see some pretty heavy activity tomorrow in the am. 😎. I woul have loved to go but schedule would not allow so its live stream for me :) Anxiously waiting for R2 reservations to open up.

Sponsored

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
Will this be held inside? What can you see from the outside?

OP
OP

Dr Medjools

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Mostly retired :)
Clubs

The event was supposed to be an outside display of cars. They will show the cars later in the afternoon. But I work at night. So no viewing for me :(

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

They had some multicolored streamers being hung closer to the doors

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Is there any reason to believe an R2 will remain on display in Laguna for when the theater reopens to the public around March 16?

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Is there any reason to believe an R2 will remain on display in Laguna for when the theater reopens to the public around March 16?
Can’t say for sure but they were planning on displaying vehicles in the lobby. I was hoping it would be there and was going to drop by at some point this month.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I’m gonna drop by next week so we’ll see.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Can’t say for sure but they were planning on displaying vehicles in the lobby. I was hoping it would be there and was going to drop by at some point this month.
They’ve had R1s there and I was assuming an R2 would remain on display, but the theater is remaining closed to the public for another week AFTER the reveal event so I’m worried that’s to move everything back out. Hopefully it’s to reconfigure and prep for permanent R2 display.

Pic from last month…
Rivian R1T R1S What’s up a day before R2 launch in Laguna Beach: "Something Big Is On The Way" IMG_9520

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They’ve had R1s there and I was assuming an R2 would remain on display, but the theater is remaining closed to the public for another week AFTER the reveal event so I’m worried that’s to move everything back out. Hopefully it’s to reconfigure and prep for permanent R2 display.

Pic from last month…
IMG_9520.jpeg
My opinion would be a mistake not to have one there, would generate a lot of traffic in the building if it is there.

gultin

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius

Pic from last month…
IMG_9520.jpeg
That stage looks quite small. I assume the R2 won't be driven on to the stage for the reveal, which is usually how these reveals are done, right?
Sponsored