Sponsored

What is the best fitted hitch bicycle rack for R1S?

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I would like to purchase a hitch bike rack ( for two bikes) that doesn't interfere with the tailgate. Has anyone done any research? recommendations?
Sponsored

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
The kuat nv2.0 should work well. It drops down easily with a lever (similarly to a few others like the Thule) so you can drop the tail most likely. I’m aiming to move it from my current car to an r1s (when it arrives) and can report back.

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
The kuat nv2.0 should work well. It drops down easily with a lever (similarly to a few others like the Thule) so you can drop the tail most likely. I’m aiming to move it from my current car to an r1s (when it arrives) and can report back.
Great! Please report back after you move it. Thanks.

eddybarckx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Agreed RE Kuat nv2.0, I'm using an older version in the photo of my R1S last weekend.

Two things to note:
Use the 'Accessory hitch' mode in Driver + and it shuts off your rear parking sensors while keeping adaptive cruise control on (this is HUGE- Audi/Land Rover/Volvo/BMW can NOT shut up their sensors in this situation and it's infuriating).

Second, your tail gate may not close if it's open when the hitch is on. Thankfully, I figured out that hitting the close button twice quickly will close it. If you manually close it, the R1S still thinks the gate is open and things can be wonky.

Rivian R1T R1S What is the best fitted hitch bicycle rack for R1S? Rack

eddybarckx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Agreed RE Kuat nv2.0, I'm using an older version in the photo of my R1S last weekend.

Two things to note:
Use the 'Accessory hitch' mode in Driver + and it shuts off your rear parking sensors while keeping adaptive cruise control on (this is HUGE- Audi/Land Rover/Volvo/BMW can NOT shut up their sensors in this situation and it's infuriating).

Second, your tail gate may not close if it's open when the hitch is on. Thankfully, I figured out that hitting the close button twice quickly will close it. If you manually close it, the R1S still thinks the gate is open and things can be wonky.

Rack.jpg
Also- mean to say- I use the lever to tilt the bikes down and can open the gate no problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired

Two things to note:

Rack.jpg
Thank you much for the tips!!! I ordered a NV 2.0...

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired

Two things to note:

Rack.jpg
Can you still fold the rack up when it's empty? Is there enough room? Thanks

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

fwiw, nv2.0 doesn’t work well with the R1T, it interferes with the tailgate regardless of position
Sponsored