Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

75k for ‘23 R1T 6k miles limestone/blk 20” AT black

Thanks. Trying to figure out what I may get for my 22 R1T with 10k miles on 21" wheels with spare. Doubt I get any bump for the ppf/running boards.

BluAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S
~30k for a '21 Model Y LR 31k miles. Seems low but I haven't tried any other options yet to compare.

Jonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
I traded my 2019 full size Range Rover for a R1S in December 2023. They gave more for the trade than Carvana was offering. The down side is that it took them a month and a half to pay off my trade. Now I have late reporting on my credit and a balance left on the account since they took so long to pay off the trade. I live in Florida and FL law requires them to payoff in 21 days. Since they are licensed in IL they may have IL 21 day law but still they missed that by 2x. So. If you trade with Rivian watch your old account and be prepared to pay another payment on your trade!

Sponsored

mrtk77

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1980 Mercedes 240 G / rivian R1S
Occupation
bramble picker
Traded in my 2021 MYLR and received an offer right in the middle of the KBB estimates, also took the tax savings being in NY. Was easy and after forgetting my plates when I left, the delivery person dropped them off unannounced at my shop! Excellence all around (in brooklyn even)!!

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
We are getting close to replacing our Mercedes EQS SUV with either an R1S or EV9.

Does anyone know if Rivian will provide a trade-in estimate without placing the non-refundable $1000 deposit? We would likely order an R1S from the available inventory, but the trade-in offer is definitely a factor as we get to offset the 9% sales tax.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
We are getting close to replacing our Mercedes EQS SUV with either an R1S or EV9.

Does anyone know if Rivian will provide a trade-in estimate without placing the non-refundable $1000 deposit? We would likely order an R1S from the available inventory, but the trade-in offer is definitely a factor as we get to offset the 9% sales tax.
they wouldn’t for our R1T trade but kbb wholesale was close.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

Ouch an EQS. I think those are selling for 50% MSRP at auction.

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
they wouldn’t for our R1T trade but kbb wholesale was close.
I tried to get it waived, or possibly refunded if I don't purchase, but nope. IMO, stuff like this needs to change. New 2023 Platinum Lightnings ($94,000 sticker) are listed for $72,000 within 75 miles of Normal, IL.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ouch an EQS. I think those are selling for 50% MSRP at auction.
Yeah I'm prepared to bend over on the trade-in. At least we were able to get the Fed tax credit before the cutoff and the Colorado tax credit as well.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

Yeah I'm prepared to bend over on the trade-in. At least we were able to get the Fed tax credit before the cutoff and the Colorado tax credit as well.
It will hurt.

Audi and MB threw $20K of incentives on top of the EV lease tax credit in 2023.

I looked at an EQS in mid 2023 that was $108K new but selling for $70K with 2K miles. A co-worker snagged a great deal on a lease too. You can't really exit the leases because the MMR/auction/wholesale prices are so low you might as well stick with the lease the full term.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It will hurt.

Audi and MB threw $20K of incentives on top of the EV lease tax credit in 2023.

I looked at an EQS in mid 2023 that was $108K new but selling for $70K with 2K miles. A co-worker snagged a great deal on a lease too. You can't really exit the leases because the MMR/auction/wholesale prices are so low you might as well stick with the lease the full term.
We might end up keeping it if the trade-in is too hard to stomach. Honestly we like the car, but my wife now wants an R1S or EV9 for various reasons.

@n!m@l!@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 MDX, 2016 RX350, 2018 Tacoma
Still working on my purchase process but they only offered $11400 for our 2014 Acura MDX (Tech trim with rear DVD system) in very good condition at 100,200 miles. It is a few hundred below the lower end of the KBB trade in estimate. Thinking of accepting the offer due to the convenience of just dropping it off at the service center when we pick up our R1S next month, but would like to hear from others. It is our first time trading in a vehicle.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
We were offered a little over $11,000 for our plug-in Optima Hybrid as trade-in. A little below low end of KBB trade-in value.

We put the word out to friends and sold for $14K to a good friend who needs it and will care for it.

If you can live with two cars for a while, or if you can live with no cars for a while, you are likely better off selling your old vehicle privately.

Just my $0.02, your experience may be different.

Very best wishes!
Sponsored