First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
I didn’t watch the video just skipped to see the model 3 toast the Rivian. Was it a tires issue or a launch issue?
Model 3 is just a bit quicker and higher top speed... if you watched the video you would see this.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not all that surprised by that outcome. That’s a FAST car. Good on you for trying though!

Sponsored

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
Model 3 is just a bit quicker and higher top speed... if you watched the video you would see this.
From what I saw it wasn’t a bit quicker it was a lot quicker. I have a Model S that smokes the M3, but I have a neighbor with 21 road tires that can be pretty neck and neck with my MS. Top end the Rivian will lose out, but it shouldn’t get smoked off the line either so I’m gonna guess a tire/launch issue was probably the right assumption here.

OP
OP
branden

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Not all that surprised by that outcome. That’s a FAST car. Good on you for trying though!
Should've been more evenly matched - @OutofSpecKyle beat Drew's Model 3 Performance, but the battery was likely colder and was at 71%. The one in my videos was over 90% - at the beginning of the racing and after lunch at 100%.

OP
OP
branden

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment
From what I saw it wasn’t a bit quicker it was a lot quicker. I have a Model S that smokes the M3, but I have a neighbor with 21 road tires that can be pretty neck and neck with my MS. Top end the Rivian will lose out, but it shouldn’t get smoked off the line either so I’m gonna guess a tire/launch issue was probably the right assumption here.
Rivian R1T R1S Ran my Rivian R1T against Tesla Model 3 Performance at the drag strip! IMG_6464-2

Not exactly smoked by the Tesla off the line. 311 is my R1T, 112 is the Model 3.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
OP is on 20s as well. If he were on the sport 22s would likely be a different story atleast from the start. Tesla should be playing catch up pretty much the entire run till the Rivian tops out.

OP
OP
branden

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment
OP is on 20s as well. If he were on the sport 22s would likely be a different story atleast from the start. Tesla should be playing catch up pretty much the entire run till the Rivian tops out.
The 60' times are shockingly close considering the Model 3 was on Michelin PS4S summer tires and I was on 20" AT

Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
The 60' times are shockingly close considering the Model 3 was on Michelin PS4S summer tires and I was on 20" AT
For sure. Definitely had a traction/tire advantage. Surprised it was even as close as it was tbh.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My 60' times on the 22's were pretty similar to these. Maybe just a hair faster. I had the spare in the truck and the underbody shield on it though, not sure what OP's is.

OP
OP
branden

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV charging deployment
My 60' times on the 22's were pretty similar to these. Maybe just a hair faster. I had the spare in the truck and the underbody shield on it though, not sure what OP's is.
I have a spare, no underbody shield. Probably 100-150lb misc stuff in the truck though.

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
I feel the need to move into the woods and consume nothing but honey and granola in the nude preaching the word of rubber. Every thread takes way to long to get to the point about rubber whether it be winter driving, racing or climbing a hill of mud lol.

Half the threads are about wheels and tire choice yet the application of those choices, misses like 80% of the fan base :D

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I didn’t watch the video just skipped to see the model 3 toast the Rivian. Was it a tires issue or a launch issue?

TLDW - Too long didn't watch. 45 minutes of him talking for an 11 second race. It's not uncommon for people to skip, which is why it should have had chapter markers and or a link directly to the race.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.