Ordered my Ford Lighting today

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
My buddy is still waiting for his max range RIVIAN and took delivery of a lightning. It’s been in the shop for over two weeks waiting for the wipers to be repaired. 🤷‍♂️
Ugh. He must be one of the lucky ones that got bit by the wiper motor recall. It's not that many trucks, but all F-150s and Expeditions made with a certain batch of bad motors. And those motors are legitimately failing. His truck is probably sitting there waiting indefinitely for a new motor to show up so they can do the actual 10-minute repair. If it's drivable, he should pick it up until they have the parts and are ready to do the work. Otherwise I hope they gave him a nice F-150 loaner.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8, GX
Occupation
IT
Your description says Long Range, but....220 miles at almost full charge? or is that a stock photo.
It’s cold here, the guess-o-meter drops by a lot in winter

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ugh. He must be one of the lucky ones that got bit by the wiper motor recall. It's not that many trucks, but all F-150s and Expeditions made with a certain batch of bad motors. And those motors are legitimately failing. His truck is probably sitting there waiting indefinitely for a new motor to show up so they can do the actual 10-minute repair. If it's drivable, he should pick it up until they have the parts and are ready to do the work. Otherwise I hope they gave him a nice F-150 loaner.
Yup, sitting there and waiting for parts. No loaner from the dealer.

I got the recall letter on my sold Lightning as well.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm sure the Ford lightning will have exceptional resale value. Once your battery has been used. Your range is compromised.
Sell off all the components you can and keep the battery+whatever is needed to keep V2H/G active. If that's 10 years of driving before the range is a problem, you can get another 10 years before the battery is worthless for that application too.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

OP
OP

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8, GX
Occupation
IT
Autotrader just crashed, but let me look at this tonight and see if we can make a deal.... What have been your charging habits? <90%? Do you have a home charger?
Charge limit 90%, I only charged at home (ChargePoint Home Flex just got replaced with Emporia today, 40 amp max), I’ve never actually DC fast charged it.

OP
OP

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Charge limit 90%, I only charged at home (ChargePoint Home Flex just got replaced with Emporia today, 40 amp max), I’ve never actually DC fast charged it.
Sent you a message via auto trader.....

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
More expensive than the Rivian, but at this point, I have more faith in Ford as a company....... Ordered today expected delivery in Spring 23.... Realistically probably summer of 23.... I originally like the Ford better anyway and talked myself into the Rivian..... I have now come full circle.....
Sounds like that was a tough decision to make, but glad to hear you might get it this year. Good luck friend!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

For me it is the fact that they cannot give me an estimate bas on "service center plans" but they have no plans for a service center near me.... At some point you have to cut bait.....
You would have been better off buying a new/used R1T with 400 miles for $83K, then spend $90K for a Lariat......BUT if you currently own an F150, then you will love the Lightning....Ford was even kind enough to retrofit the current ICE chassis for use as a pseudo e-Truck.

The next F150 is built on a specific skateboard chassis......
Sponsored