Fclmd

First Name
Fawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Kia Telluride
Clubs

When do you think there will be a significant navigation map update? There is a house near me that was built on an empty lot with construction starting in 2017. My Rivian map shows an empty lot. There are new changes in streets nearby that are not yet updated in the NAV system as well.
My Kia Telluride updates twice a year.
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

When do you think there will be a significant navigation map update? There is a house near me that was built on an empty lot with construction starting in 2017. My Rivian map shows an empty lot. There are new changes in streets nearby that are not yet updated in the NAV system as well.
Can you see newer information via a phone app like Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps, etc.?

Adding this for @Dark-Fx
Rivian R1T R1S Navigation Map update? 1675542457493

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mapbox updates are constantly happening, but I couldn't offer a reason for why the area you are referring to hasn't been since I have no idea what the area is.
As with anything else, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/reporting-a-problem/

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Are you SURE there is a house on that lot? 🤔

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I keep praying they'll make changes to the Nav system very soon.

My primary complaint is that when searching for a property, it defaults to searching for traffic first, which requires a cellular connection. If you're out of cell range, it sits there and thinks for a LOOOOONG time before it finally will give you directions just based on the map. Should always default to the hard drive data first, then add in traffic data afterward. Google maps does this. Tesla does it. Every other system I've tried does it. When I get stranded in the hills with no cell coverage and don't know my way out, I'm forced to wait at least 10 minutes before I can get moving.

They need to add way points as well. Just about every other system has them. Even Tesla, who resisted them for several years, finally caved and gave them to customers based on high customer demand. Unfortunately, Rivian copied Tesla's earlier versions that didn't have it.

Those are two things that are needed quite often and really need to be updated.

Would be nice to have the maps updated, but while a house or new building may not show up, you can still enter the address and unless its a new street that didn't exist, it will still find it, so that one isn't as critical for me.

Sponsored

flimay2k

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure - R1S LE
Clubs

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Thank you. Just reported a crazy route that should be a straight line. That portion of the map is more than 4 years old.

1675550119821.png
Mine does this a lot too. I always look at the map to see my destination versus current location for this very reason. Then simply follow the road instead of the directions it gives you.

It's also slow at updating road closures. When a road gets closed, still shows as open for quite some time. Then vice-versa, when it opens up, takes Rivian maps longer for them to show that the road is open again, thus it tries to navigate you the long way around a road closure that no longer exists.

Often when it gives me odd directions like above or around road closures, then I'll use my phone and google maps for a second opinion. Google maps seems to be more up to date.

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

Maps not being frequently updated is not limited to Mapbox. My house was built on a sub-divided lot at end of 2019 and it took google 2 years to update the maps in my area to show my house. The street view still is not updated though.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Thank you. Just reported a crazy route that should be a straight line. That portion of the map is more than 4 years old.

1675550119821.png
I live about 3 miles east of your mark. To be fair, the Green Level areas has changed a LOT in the last few years. Still a wonky routing though.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I submitted many updates to MapBox in June/July last year. Still not visible in my R1T.

I've given up.

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I submitted many updates to MapBox in June/July last year. Still not visible in my R1T.

I've given up.
i reported my location because it is a new build in 2020 and they updated it within 2 weeks. I sent them links to other maps that have my location to help them find whatever they need to get their map updated.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
i reported my location because it is a new build in 2020 and they updated it within 2 weeks. I sent them links to other maps that have my location to help them find whatever they need to get their map updated.
Congrats?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Were these maps updated in the vehicle nav, or just on the Mapbox site? All of my edits were accepted and approved by Mapbox, but none of them have been reflected in the vehicle.
Sponsored