Sponsored

Bought a truck from the shop - no word from Rivian

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
A week ago I located a 2024 R1T from the shop, reserved it, went through all the steps, including paying for it and have not heard a peep from Rivian. No email (except order confirmation), no call, no text, no intro to guide, no updates for 7 days.

Either this is “working as expected” (yet different from my prior purchase experiences) in an efficient and automated way, or I should perhaps worry…

Anyone else get the cold shoulder after buying a truck from the shop recently? How long until they contacted you?
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

They say 1-4 weeks right? You completed everything without problems it sounds like.

Did you reach out to someone with a question? If not probably no one will contact you until it's time to schedule delivery.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Yes, completed without issue. As I said, this could be a newer more efficient Rivian, but different from my prior purchases with them.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
Yes, same thing for me except its been 2wks (3/22). They said I haven’t been assigned a vin yet. I also have access to the shop again as of 2 days ago for some reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Yes, same thing for me except its been 2wks (3/22). They said I haven’t been assigned a vin yet. I also have access to the shop again as of 2 days ago for some reason.
I have a VIN and all - I had to get it on my insurance. I assume it’s just waiting game, but unnerving giving them 100k without any feedback.

we’ll see. I keep waiting.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
In this forum we’ve people fretting about health and survival of the company. We’ve got complaints about timely response. Could it be that they are so busy getting lease orders handled that they just need more time to answer the “phones”? Call the toll free customer service number if you must.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I would also be nervous if I paid that much and heard nothing after 1-2 weeks. I would just give them a call and confirm your order is submitted and see if they can give you any updates.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
The point of this post was not for recommendations to call customer service - of course I can do that. It was to elicit feedback from recent purchasers to see if this has become the norm. Perhaps I was unnclear.

In any case, I will give it another week and then reach out to them.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I'm not sure what your expectation was, but a purchase can normally take a month from VIN assignment to when you schedule delivery. Your payment needs to be received at least a day before delivery, so until the step to schedule your delivery date opens up you don't need to do anything more than make sure you get your funds available / finalize your loan. Paying early doesn't speed up the process, and if Rivian has the vehicle for you sooner you can always delay delivery until you have everything ready.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I'm not sure what your expectation was, but a purchase can normally take a month from VIN assignment to when you schedule delivery.
Personally I’d expect at least a phone call or text message within 24 hours, even to tell me it will be a month.

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
The point of this post was not for recommendations to call customer service - of course I can do that. It was to elicit feedback from recent purchasers to see if this has become the norm. Perhaps I was unnclear.

I received a vin after reserving from the “shop” for 1-6 week delivery. If I’m not mistaken it was instant or next morning. The guide called me the next day or two. My whole experience was not the best from financing to delivery. Ordered March 8th. Delivered Picked up April 2nd.

assuming you haven’t been able to reach a guide from the support number, yes I would say this is sadly the norm. Feel free to message me if you have questions

also, when pickup day comes make sure you look over everything with he truck with the service person when they walk it with you. They give you 24hrs to report exterior defects. I had the black paint I paid the $2,500 for and it had swirls everywhere. The mirror brackets were insanely swirled, The alignment is off and the wheel is a few degrees left on center, dried sap on the glass roof and spoiler and more..

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things

I picked an R1S from the shop on March 25th. I hadn’t proceeded on the steps (I had questions) but got a VIN right away online and a Guide assigned but no one reaching out. Responses were slow early the following week until I finished rest of the steps. I had a wheel swap request which was honored after asking a second time and now my pickup is scheduled for the 10th.

they apparently were busy around Q1 end but can’t imagine why in your case. Guide was able to confirm when car was on the way to pickup location and once it was there.

use the schedule a call option that might work better

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
I received a vin after reserving from the “shop” for 1-6 week delivery. If I’m not mistaken it was instant or next morning. The guide called me the next day or two. My whole experience was not the best from financing to delivery. Ordered March 8th. Delivered Picked up April 2nd.

assuming you haven’t been able to reach a guide from the support number, yes I would say this is sadly the norm. Feel free to message me if you have questions

also, when pickup day comes make sure you look over everything with he truck with the service person when they walk it with you. They give you 24hrs to report exterior defects. I had the black paint I paid the $2,500 for and it had swirls everywhere. The mirror brackets were insanely swirled, The alignment is off and the wheel is a few degrees left on center, dried sap on the glass roof and spoiler and more..
A good reason to wait for a sunny day to pick it up.