Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru.
Current Rivian Employee. They extended the referrals from 5 to 10. Last time it was for finance and lease (no confirmation on this yet). I have coworkers too.

New guidelines:
ONLY 2023/2024 R1T!
Friends and Family who are referred by an employee can receive $6,000 USD / $9,000 CAD discount on available Model Year 2023 and Model Year 2024 R1T with Large pack.

What’s needed for a referral:

The okay to share your information to Rivian.
Email.
Name.
Order Number.
Sponsored

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Dual Max
Bummer, doesn't apply to Max? I have a 23 I'm supposed to take delivery of next week.

Mesajoejoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
New guidelines:
ONLY 2023/2024 R1T!
Friends and Family who are referred by an employee can receive $6,000 USD / $9,000 CAD discount on available Model Year 2023 and Model Year 2024 R1T with Large pack.

What’s needed for a referral:
The okay to share your information to Rivian.
Email.
Name.
Order Number.
I literally picked up my 2024 earlier today and asked them about this and was told no, even though I had an employee ready to give me a referral. But because they said no I didn't think there was much choice. Is there anything that can be done to add it in now or did I get hosed?

Sponsored

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
I literally picked up my 2024 earlier today and asked them about this and was told no, even though I had an employee ready to give me a referral. But because they said no I didn't think there was much choice. Is there anything that can be done to add it in now or did I get hosed?
Too late and Rivian need the income.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Too late and Rivian need the income.
Did you purchase or lease? Cash or finance? I would threaten to exercise the return policy if they don’t retroactively apply the discount.

I am about to sign a lease for a 2024 that we are leasing for one of our employees, and I asked nicely for (and received) the employee discount last week (well after the discount “expired.” We are finalizing paperwork for delivery before the quarter ends.

I never understood why they ended the discount a month before the end of the quarter with Gen 1 inventory still unsold—perhaps because it often takes several weeks or more to transact, and they wanted to try to move all inventory before Q2-end? But maybe they have more left than they anticipated and need to keep the discounting going on 23/24 vehicles so they can start delivering Gen 2 concurrently?

Perhaps OP can weigh in—I would be PISSED if I took delivery right now and was told no for the discount only to have them officially reinstate the discount right after.

GertBerns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3
Can the powered tonneau be removed from the config of a truck in the shop?

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Did you purchase or lease? Cash or finance? I would threaten to exercise the return policy if they don’t retroactively apply the discount.

I am about to sign a lease for a 2024 that we are leasing for one of our employees, and I asked nicely for (and received) the employee discount last week (well after the discount “expired.” We are finalizing paperwork for delivery before the quarter ends.

I never understood why they ended the discount a month before the end of the quarter with Gen 1 inventory still unsold—perhaps because it often takes several weeks or more to transact, and they wanted to try to move all inventory before Q2-end? But maybe they have more left than they anticipated and need to keep the discounting going on 23/24 vehicles so they can start delivering Gen 2 concurrently?

Perhaps OP can weigh in—I would be PISSED if I took delivery right now and was told no for the discount only to have them officially reinstate the discount right after.
Let’s see sell the inventory unit at a set price or give a further $6000 off when not necessary.

Sponsored

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Perhaps “threaten” was too strong a word—maybe “suggest” that you would consider exercising your 7-day return if they don’t work with you on applying the discount.

That being said, I’m not sure they have a return policy for leases (I have heard the 7-day return is only for outright purchases). This is something I will ask my guide about prior to signing, just in the unlikely event that we end up with a lemon or something.

You might ask your sales guide (or delivery guide) *nicely* to see if there is anything they can do now that you’ve heard the discount got extended.
Let’s see sell the inventory unit at a set price or give a further $6000 off when not necessary.
Perhaps, but that’s assuming they can move remaining Gen 1 inventory concurrently with Gen 2 with no discount (on ‘23/‘24s).

The extension of this discount seems like a pretty strong indication that they need discounting to move through existing last-gen inventory (for R1T, anyway).

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Perhaps “threaten” was too strong a word—maybe “suggest” that you would consider exercising your 7-day return if they don’t work with you on applying the discount.

That being said, I’m not sure they have a return policy for leases (I have heard the 7-day return is only for outright purchases). This is something I will ask my guide about prior to signing, just in the unlikely event that we end up with a lemon or something.

You might ask your sales guide (or delivery guide) *nicely* to see if there is anything they can do now that you’ve heard the discount got extended.

Perhaps, but that’s assuming they can move remaining Gen 1 inventory concurrently with Gen 2 with no discount (on ‘23/‘24s).

The extension of this discount seems like a pretty strong indication that they need discounting to move through existing last-gen inventory (for R1T, anyway).
There are already deals (including lease) for 2023 and this is an additional $6000 they may not need to give away.

Mesajoejoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
I’m not sure they have a return policy for leases (I have heard the 7-day return is only for outright purchases).
No 7-day return for leases unfortunately. I've already started reaching out to see if there's anything that can be done. Do I absolutely need it, no. Do I feel as if I deserve it, not necessarily no. Would I have leased it without that incentive, obviously since I did lol. But was I eligible for that $6k discount, yes... yes I was and it should have been added.

chisss

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad
Oh man I took delivery of mine on Thursday. They told me no back then. It is a lease as well. Gah!
Sponsored