Sponsored

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Like most of us on these forums, picking the 'right' color has been difficult, and an ever changing process.

I was able to narrow it down to LA silver or Forest green. Since we have never owned a green car and because my Ford raptor is Ingot silver I decided to go FG.

The problem I have with the LG is it seems to require better lighting to look it's best versus some of the other colors. Just my take, it's all subjective.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It wasn’t quiiite as dark in person. Hard to capture properly. And I didn’t notice until after that I’d bumped the exposure dial on my camera. So this has been pulled up a bit.

I’ve had….three dark green vehicles now, including two BRG minis. Rivian’s forest green is bang on.
The BRG is so fun! I also like the green on the new Frontier. I'm sure it'll be fine, and haven't changed it in months, but I really want to see it in person to make sure my wife likes it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm honestly a decent bit concerned that I won't get to see the colors before purchase and/or they won't let you change colors w/o the increased price now. I always figured I could change it before it locked and I know the blue is polarizing in person.
drive by the service center today, there are/were blue trucks there yesterday.

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
FG at Sonoma Sears Point First Mile. Typical overcast/fog for there. My picture. ?
1646512403383.png
Thank you for this! It is indeed dark, as @SeaGeo mentioned, but I think it might be more my cup of tea than LG. Sheeyit, I think I've made up my mind ... or have I?

@Taycanfrank I would be very surprised if they didn't let us change the colors until our order was finalized. At the very least they would give us some sort of warning period before all configurations will be locked.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for this! It is indeed dark, as @SeaGeo mentioned, but I think it might be more my cup of tea than LG. Sheeyit, I think I've made up my mind ... or have I?

@Taycanfrank I would be very surprised if they didn't let us change the colors until our order was finalized. At the very least they would give us some sort of warning period before all configurations will be locked.
The photos and videos linked below are the ones that drew me in originally. I think it'll look great here in the summer, and those specific snowy days on the mountain. It's just the typical dark at 4pm days from Nov to March that I'm a little worried about. lol.

https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-insurance

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The photos and videos linked below are the ones that drew me in originally. I think it'll look great here in the summer, and those specific snowy days on the mountain. It's just the typical dark at 4pm days from Nov to March that I'm a little worried about. lol.

https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-insurance

If you’ve seen Mini’s BRG metallics, it’s similar. Also similar to GM and Toyota’s Toyota’s metallic dark greens, but deeper/richer.

FWIW My wife immediately noted that she preferred forest green on seeing most of the colours in person.

a very well executed forest green. If you like that sort of colour you’ll really like rivian’s version.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Yeah, I'm going to swing by the service center tomorrow and hope something is there.

Rivian Blue or Forest Green for me, 100%. I was going to get my 911 in Aventurine Green (very similar to Launch Green) and my Taycan in Mamba, but chickened out on the mamba because it's just a little too flashy for Seattle IMO. I like the more muted green on the 911 to tone it down/give it a retro look, but not on an SUV. Forest Green looks like a sweet middle ground.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Yeah, I'm going to swing by the service center tomorrow and hope something is there.

Rivian Blue or Forest Green for me, 100%. I was going to get my 911 in Adventurine Green (very similar to Launch Green) and my Taycan in Mamba, but chickened out on the mamba because it's just a little too flashy for Seattle IMO. I like the more muted green on the 911 to tone it down/give it a retro look, but not on an SUV. Forest Green looks like a sweet middle ground.
Aventurine green is fantastic

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

I was that creepy guy taking pics of this blue one at Kirkwood CA today! It's the First one I've seen in person, and my impression was that it was smaller than I was expecting. It didn't look any larger than my 4runner, even though I know it is). After scoping it out I changed my reservation from R1S to the T.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101232

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101214

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101208

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101202

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101159

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101149

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101142

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101119

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101110

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_101053

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_100954

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 20220305_100952

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE (QM/L), 2024 Zero DSR/X
Occupation
Product Management
My friend swore up and down he saw a Blue R1S in Seattle. I told him that seemed unlikely but he swears he did.
[Edit: Oops, you said R1S ?]

There's definitely one out here. I saw it last Saturday driving right by Duthie Hill in Sammamish after a day of mountain biking. My wife was driving, otherwise I would still be following it. Very hastily snapped a pic:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 1646525932187

Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I like how forrest green looks really green in bright light but almost black in the shade. I used to own a Malbec Black infiniti, looks wine red in the bright sun but black in the shade.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I live in Orange County California and myself or someone I know sees one every day. Hopefully soon the one I see every day will be mine.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
There are 8 R1Ts parked out back of the Bellevue center at the moment, plus at least a few inside.

Mostly Blue, a couple Launch Green, a couple White.

Loved the Rivian Blue, great color. The Launch Green is also very nice but also agreed it was very muted by a cloudy/foggy morning.

There was a surprising amount of activity going on. Someone was messing with Amazon vans and there were people inside doing work.

Last edited:

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Looks like the one I drove in west seattle Thursday. Absolutely exceeded my expectations. Fit and finish inside and out looked great. Power tonneau worked fine. This thing is a rocket on wheels.
already saw them at the Sonoma first mile…wasn’t signed up for a drive. Our guide was full of great info and was as excited as we were. He actually already has one. Also, a client who knows engineers at rivian told him tank turn will be an ota. They just need to figure out the right parameters to reduce environmental damage.
Long time lurker…
Sponsored