Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'm headed over to the Denver SC for my test drive a bit later today. Hoping to get lucky and spot the mysterious Limestone. Will take photos if I do, but a small blizzard is blowing through, so they might not be too great.
No such luck at the Denver center. My (very nice) test drive person said they've not yet received any Limestone.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I don't find the color as offensive as some here but I do think they need to update 100% of their renders to reflect the blue. As a former geology major I'm totally fine with this color being called "limestone."

No matter what, this:

1647978071404.png

Does not look like this:

1647978117582.png
I agree. They really need to work on these renders. This is also apparent when comparing every single photo of Compass Yellow with the render. The render is downright ugly & brown in comparison to what I've been told is the real color.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I'll go take some pictures right now if it's still out there. But my camera phone is a Google Pixel 6 Pro, which unfortunately lacks a manual mode. Hopefully the auto HDR doesn't mess it up too bad.
Fortunately you have an excellent camera on that phone, and it has white balance in the camera settings under advanced.

Lance T

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Patent Attorney
I grabbed this picture of the limestone R1T from the Salt Lake service center today. I'm guessing that it's the same one as in the picture above. This picture looks very similar to the original picture (mine was taken with a Fold 3 on full auto). In person, I wouldn't say that it looked this blue, but it certainly wasn't the same as in the color corrected photo above. It also had some flake to it, so I'm guessing that it's picking up a fair amount of the blue from the sky.

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE Rivian R1T seen at Salt Lake City Delivery Center! 20220323_123352

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

assuming that's El Cap next to it, for comparison.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I grabbed this picture of the limestone R1T from the Salt Lake service center today. I'm guessing that it's the same one as in the picture above. This picture looks very similar to the original picture (mine was taken with a Fold 3 on full auto). In person, I wouldn't say that it looked this blue, but it certainly wasn't the same as in the color corrected photo above. It also had some flake to it, so I'm guessing that it's picking up a fair amount of the blue from the sky.

20220323_123352.jpg
Limestone was completely off my radar "as rendered" but with this distinctly blue tinge it's definitely growing on me!

Lance T

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Patent Attorney
Limestone was completely off my radar "as rendered" but with this distinctly blue tinge it's definitely growing on me!
Yeah. Ironically, I liked it better in person than I thought I would too. I also found that I liked the silver better than I thought I would (this is my first time actually seeing one in person).

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Here some more pics I took yesterday
tempImageez6RXU.jpg
tempImagec9qMPQ.jpg
tempImageB9BX8b.jpg
What camera was used to take these? Much better color representation than some others we've seen...

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yes, It looks like this. I drove 4 and 1/2 hours to SLC to see the limestone that I've had on order for almost 4 years. It looks nothing like the photos the Rivian posted. It looks powder blue. Here is my photo:
The question is we’re you happy with it?

Are you keeping it or changing to another color?

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Yes, It looks like this. I drove 4 and 1/2 hours to SLC to see the limestone that I've had on order for almost 4 years. It looks nothing like the photos the Rivian posted. It looks powder blue. Here is my photo:
limestone.jpg
limestone.jpg
Those pictures look exactly the same color rendition as I saw when in Normal a couple weeks ago. I was quite a way from it but it was a full blue sky and it looked just like your pics.
Sponsored