Sponsored

PSA: Check if your Rivian is locked 😢

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Went to the slopes yesterday and passed by another Rivian with all of its handles open. Passed by a 2nd time 10 minutes later and it was still open. I guess theres not a timer on the locks? I always listen for the sound and check my app to make sure the doors are all locked.
Rivian R1T R1S PSA: Check if your Rivian is locked 😢 IMG_2188
Sponsored

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Must’ve left their cell phone in there unfortunately.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I noticed if you use NFC to enter that it won't automatically lock after the drive cycle. Which makes sense, because they can't detect if you left that key in your vehicle.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

While this is a handy way to get a 2nd camp speaker, I don't like how this is visible from a block away when unlocked. I can't think of any other (daily) car quite as obvious, I wish they would retract even if unlocked or had the option for it at least.
Wouldn't be as much of an issue if my phone would reliable work as a key.

OP
OP
pklomboy

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

While this is a handy way to get a 2nd camp speaker, I don't like how this is visible from a block away when unlocked. I can't think of any other (daily) car quite as obvious, I wish they would retract even if unlocked or had the option for it at least.
Yeah the phone key has always been fickle for me. I use it religiously though and just keep the key card with me as well. I hate carrying keys.

OP
OP
pklomboy

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Maybe didn't have auto-lock on walk away enabled. It's a setting.

I didn't have it turned on for a long time but recently did turn it on and haven't experienced any issues with it. I am, however, in the minority of users it seems, given that I exclusively use the fob with my truck. The only times I use the app are to check where it is if someone else has it, or to start cabin preconditioning prior to getting in it. Otherwise, I'm all fob all the time.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What if you just kept car wash mode on?

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Part of snow mode should keep handles out so you can open truck. Or enable the door pop feature like Tesla has now so you can open door without use of handle.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Maybe didn't have auto-lock on walk away enabled. It's a setting.
Where is the setting to enable auto lock without also enabling PAAK? I only use my fob, since PAAK is so bad.

Example from today: I spotted this unlocked R1T in my neighborhood and I started knocking on doors to find the owner. Luckily I did, and she reported having locked the truck upon leaving. She says it must've unlocked when she relocated her purse within the house at a distance of more than 30 feet from the truck. WTF Rivian?!

Rivian R1T R1S PSA: Check if your Rivian is locked 😢 20230114_114606~2

Ethics question for the community: would it have been bad for me to open the vehicle to reach inside and press the lock button if I couldn't find the owner? I would have left a note inside. Creepy, or reassuring?

Having accidentally left mine unlocked several times, I'd have preferred someone looking out for me. I don't know if others feel the same.
Sponsored