Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

But the only reason the thread is even 130 posts long is because of all the pissed off people over this stunt. So if the thread length is good for this forum then by extension all of us calling this out is what's good for the forum and the video really only serves as a catalyst to piss people off.
<s>
Wait a MINUTE!

Do you mean to tell me that an organization or company would be so craven as to achieve a goal or make money off of pitting people against one another by disagreement or at least doing nothing to stop the disagreement!?

This is the first I’m hearing of such a thing in these modern times, let alone the history of humanity.
</s>
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
<s>
Wait a MINUTE!

Do you mean to tell me that an organization or company would be so craven as to achieve a goal or make money off of pitting people against one another by disagreement or at least doing nothing to stop the disagreement!?

This is the first I’m hearing of such a thing in these modern times, let alone the history of humanity.
</s>
Yeah it's pretty common, but that doesn't make it less shitty and I personally call it out at every available opportunity.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

It was made privately in both cases and there has been no response either way as of yet.
I don’t know how long ago it was asked, but if it has been a while then I think we have our answer.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Yeah it's pretty common, but that doesn't make it less shitty and I personally call it out at every available opportunity.
Right, but also don’t let it affect you… at all. In my opinion, if “the system” (RF in this case) is permitting behavior which annoys us merely because it benefits “the system” then we should be at least as annoyed at “the system” for exploiting us as we are at the annoying behavior.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

I don’t know how long ago it was asked, but if it has been a while then I think we have our answer.
I don't think the delay in an answer is actually an answer in this case. I have been told that they have been unresponsive for a little bit on multiple fronts, so my guess is they are not currently available.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Then I think you should ask the management here why they aren’t doing exactly that. It could be that a thread like this with 130 posts (and counting) earns RF money from ad revenue to make it worthwhile.
Except if you are using a PiHole. 😎

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Alright... watched the video.

Branden is selling to buy a house a few years from now and wants to reduce his debt to income ratio to better facilitate.

If he could go back in time, he would likely have chosen the R1S for it's interior storage, which seems to be his ideal way to transport items, however delivery timing was more important. I can see his point personally having coming from an SUV going to a truck, the lack of interior storage is made up for on the T with the frunk etc, but it's not the same.

Things the R1 platform needs to address with hardware in his summary
- battery cooling is not bad, but clearly hitting hardware limits​
- quad motor inverter thermals especially as it relates to regen has improved, but will likely only be incremental software improvements going forward until the hardware is changed​
- location of charge port should have stayed on the front passenger side like early models, especially as it relates to the recent NACS announcement and Telsa station setup.​
- rate of charge limited to 221kW peak while others are pushing 350kW​
- Long term wear on some items is suspect​
- Gear tunnel storage latch and compartment door
- Electronically actuated center storage console latches are over complicated and could fail
- Some things built solid, but others are a reminder of tesla early days
- Powered Tonneau, still works, but...
- Interior camera removal and future relocation, does it segregate future functionality of Driver+?​
Things the R1 can address with software that he noticed are pain points
- Navigation routing, Mapbox makes interesting decisions, needs refinement​
- Climate control shouldn't time out when away from the vehicle​
There is a workaround for this if you put the vehicle in camp mode>stay on and set climate
- 3D view of other vehicles while driving should show vehicles at minimum from the rear bumper forward, not side mirrors forward. Cameras are there, use them​
- PAAK still needs to be dialed in​
- More profiles allowed for each driver rather than having to create additional drivers with access​
THIS 100% I want to create several profiles under my name. Each with a custom name and sub option to allow or disallow roomy exit.
- Car seat behind me profile
- Person behind me profile
- Spirited driving AKA rip up the road profile (Seat farther back, low. wheel fully extended)
- Normal daily driving profile
- Off-roading profile ( seat higher up, mirror angled slightly down as as no need to worry about vehicles in your blind spot)
Would he buy it again?
- Yes, he would. It's still an amazing vehicle despite some of the gripes, and has a right of first refusal with the new owner should they decide to sell his truck down the road.​
- He recommended anyone looking to buy now look at getting the Enduro, standard LFP pack. Partly due to cost savings, but more for the ability to charge the pack to 100% daily without worry about degradation.​
My summary...
I'm assuming he's dropping it for a Model Y. Interior storage and the comments on the current CCS landscape comments lead me to that conclusion. Cost to charge the battery on the road due to it's inefficiency was his sticking point, and while I understand, it should be expected with a truck. Going forward, I would have preferred if his videos nerded out more on the raw data he managed to access, especially with each iterative software update.​
Bonus - @branden good overall video, but you really should have edited your post with a summary of sorts, because clearly you're watching the thread and it's de-evolution. That act alone would have fostered a discussion on your talking points, rather than kicking up the bees nest.​
Thanks for the summary, saves me watching the video and the points raised are reasonable. Delivery timing was important because he wanted to make videos and if he was only interested I. Waiting for the best vehicle (which still hits his debt ratio) then he could have but wanted clicks on his little site.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I'm 38 and I cannot stand "influencer" culture. My son is 12 and he can't stand it either. Posting your video here hit and run style with no descriptors to generate clicks is akin to a telemarketer who makes unsolicited phone calls. It's obnoxious.
it is also disrespectful; as if none of us have better things to do with our time that he couldn't post a paragraph describing details of the way-too-long video.

Although, TBH, I do look forward to his CyBerTRucK review.

hyzerfool

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software writin' guy
Clubs

First time I've seen a video of his and it struck me as reasonable and thoughtful. I have no problem whatsoever with the video or his posting. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise and I'm pleased that I saw it.

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Speaking of advertising revenues and those pesky social media algorithms!

Rivian R1T R1S I’m Selling My Rivian R1T - In-Depth Owner Review After 24k Miles In 9 Months Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 1.13.35 PM

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Right, but also don’t let it affect you… at all. In my opinion, if “the system” (RF in this case) is permitting behavior which annoys us merely because it benefits “the system” then we should be at least as annoyed at “the system” for exploiting us as we are at the annoying behavior.
The system will never change without people standing up and speaking against it. Expressing my annoyance at it is a step towards that change. I think we as a people really need to be openly against all this sort of behavior.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Doesn't anyone here really care why you're selling your R1T? How do I make this a poll?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
But the only reason the thread is even 130 posts long is because of all the pissed off people over this stunt. So if the thread length is good for this forum then by extension all of us calling this out is what's good for the forum and the video really only serves as a catalyst to piss people off.
Welcome to the world of the internet, controversy sells…. 😉

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The system will never change without people standing up and speaking against it. Expressing my annoyance at it is a step towards that change. I think we as a people really need to be openly against all this sort of behavior.
Right, and I think your beef is with RF and not @branden. RF is making money off all of us in exchange for providing us with a “free” service. I think we can all agree about that.

Your point is that content producers shouldn’t get a free ride by not paying as other sponsors do. My point is that RF’s interests may coincide with content producers because RF makes money off viewership/participation/impressions whatever and @branden is providing RF with use of his free content via a link so that both RF & @branden can potentially make money, even if a tiny amount per user/member/viewer.

RF and @branden make money from users accessing their content. RF has control over whether @Brandon can add his content to RF content by posting. RF may conclude that there is no downside to this since anything which increases clicks is good from their perspective and users, if truly bothered by content from a poster, can choose to ignore the poster.

What is going on here shouldn’t be causing a lot of emotion because it is business, and we are willing participants (reading and/or posting) in this business model whether we want to acknowledge that or not.
Edit:typos

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Your point is that content producers shouldn’t get a free ride by not paying as other sponsors do. My point is that RF’s interests may coincide with content producers because RF makes money off viewership/participation/impressions whatever and @branden is providing RF with use of his free content via a link so that both RF & @branden can potentially make money, even if a tiny amount per user/member/viewer.
I do not think that Branden or most other content providers actually bring any traffic here though - if someone is looking for their videos, they will look directly on YouTube.

It's convenience that they post links everywhere to drive their traffic to YT
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.