Sponsored

Liftgate Lighting Brightness

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am playing with the lighting features under Displays and Lighting. How come when I click on the brighter light, on the right side, under "Liftgate lighting brightness", it will automatically revert to the left side button? It won't get out of the lower light.
Sponsored

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S DM
Clubs

No idea. Have the same question. My 2024 has done this since the day I got it. Had 2023 loaner from service center, it did the same thing.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

What a goofy naming convention for an American company. "Liftgate" is always used to mean the large truck gates that lift a load, not a tailgate. Who wants to have a liftgate party at the Superbowl? I didn't realize it could be set to levels, now I should check the others too. I think the frunk could be brighter. Luckily Siri lets me name it correctly, but Alexa doesn't.

I guess I'm stupid, but can't find this setting at all.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I am playing with the lighting features under Displays and Lighting. How come when I click on the brighter light, on the right side, under "Liftgate lighting brightness", it will automatically revert to the left side button? It won't get out of the lower light.
I don’t think you can adjust the lighting unless it’s on and it is off when the liftgate is closed. Open the liftgate so the lighting is on. Adjust as you want it and it should retain the setting.

What a goofy naming convention for an American company. "Liftgate" is always used to mean the large truck gates that lift a load, not a tailgate. Who wants to have a liftgate party at the Superbowl? I didn't realize it could be set to levels, now I should check the others too. I think the frunk could be brighter. Luckily Siri lets me name it correctly, but Alexa doesn't.

I guess I'm stupid, but can't find this setting at all.
On an R1S the liftgate is above the tailgate which drops down and is the upper portion which lifts up. I don’t think you’re stupid; this just doesn’t apply to the R1T which only has a tailgate.

edit: typo and wording

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Oh yeah, you were completely right, just confirming that there's nothing for me to set, even with the tailgate open. The Rivian app is stupid, and calls my tailgate a liftgate. I can issue an "open liftgate" command and it works to open the tailgate. I can issue a "close liftgate" command which obviously fails eventually, but the app tries.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Oh yeah, you were completely right, just confirming that there's nothing for me to set, even with the tailgate open. The Rivian app is stupid, and calls my tailgate a liftgate. I can issue an "open liftgate" command and it works to open the tailgate. I can issue a "close liftgate" command which obviously fails eventually, but the app tries.
Is that in the app itself (Controls) or in Shortcuts?

I expect that on the main screen if you go to the vehicle controls
Rivian R1T R1S Liftgate Lighting Brightness IMG_4906

you see a tailgate dropping down in lower left where I have a liftgate raising and in the Rivian app when you go into Controls (four dots next to locking slider) it shows Open tailgate (or similar) where I see Open liftgate, below.
Rivian R1T R1S Liftgate Lighting Brightness IMG_4905

If that’s true and you are seeing Liftgate in Shortcuts options for the Rivian app then it probably needs to be reported to Rivian Since it seems like a bug with how the app is reporting the capabilities to Shortcuts.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

If that’s true and you are seeing Liftgate in Shortcuts options for the Rivian app then it probably needs to be reported to Rivian Since it seems like a bug with how the app is reporting the capabilities to Shortcuts.
Yup, that's the case, it somehow conflates liftgate and tailgate. Do you know how to report a bug? I haven't looked that up yet.

I'd also love to be able to do a shortcut for seat cooling, which isn't there.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Yup, that's the case, it somehow conflates liftgate and tailgate. Do you know how to report a bug? I haven't looked that up yet.

I'd also love to be able to do a shortcut for seat cooling, which isn't there.
I wish I knew how to report a bug. I think that opening a support ticket is the preferred way, especially with Guides gone.

I would love to have shortcuts for everything you can do in the app! Short of that, I wish Rivian would allow us to turn on expert mode or similar in the app where it doesn’t look as pretty but the Controls are available from the opening screen on the app rather than via the 4 dots.

I really like what they’ve done with the app compared to where it was, though!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Yeah, what's there is quite good, it could be better. The truck status image is cute, but also makes my use of the app less efficient. The Tesla app packs a lot more functionality onto the main screen. Rivian goes for white space and huge pretty bubbles. I want more functions with less scrolling and tapping. But the Tesla app in the past was also more like that, and evolved.

The Tesla app exposes what seems to be every single detail to shortcuts. I can even tell Siri to set a charge limit level, media volume, power outlets, and the like. Rivian may get there eventually.

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S DM
Clubs

I don’t think you can adjust the lighting unless it’s on and it is off when the liftgate is closed. Open the liftgate so the lighting is on. Adjust as you want it and it should retain the setting.
Aha! I will try this today.
Sponsored