First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Very cool color combo! I don't think I've seen any Limestone out in the wild yet.

I did a good review of my truck compared to our Model Y in the below thread that someone else started for the same comparison if anyone is interested. I have a lot of the same notes you do as well, though I haven't tried Alexa yet (set it up, but haven't even tried anything). Tesla voice commands were pretty useless IMO. Siri is much better and really hope they bring CarPlay to Rivian soon!

R1T vs Model Y, a ridiculous comparison review
Sponsored

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is the same issue Im having. I think it started after the last OTA update I did on Feb 3rd. I have tried every combination of TOU charging with the R1S over the past week with Rivian and Charge Point on the phone also and the car just doesn't like being plugged into a TOU charger (Charge Point Juice Box ) and it will trigger a fault when it dose its own TOU schedule..... I have noticed also that once it dose a normal charge all the TOU charges will then work including TOU schedules but after a few hours it will forget the handshake and fail to charge again
I have a service appointment on Wednesday to fix some minor items and I have this added to the agenda.

Two things about the 'At Home' settings. First is gear guard can be turned off so it doesn't use energy and the vehicle can be set to not lock. If it is in a garage it doesn't matter.

I agree that sport mode on the 22s is rough, but hey that is sport mode.
True - and yes, I have gear guard off at home but I need to play with the at home lock settings! I think I had it set where I needed to manually lock it every time I was in my Home area.

Agreed on these three points. Alexa is disappointing. For those using Android Auto, the voice assistant is much smoother with Google and getting relevant results without so much jibber jabber (except the wake word "Hey Google" is worse than saying Alexa or Siri).

I wish, while I was driving, if I want to pick a place to navigate it would voice type. Instead the keyboard pops up and you start typing. For comparison, with Android Auto it says voice typing only while driving. You say your destination, it loads results, you pick one. Easy.

Same goes for searching music. When I go to search, I'd love to just voice type and see results. I don't always want to hear Alexa saying "Now playing X on Scott's Spotify"... Getting a the wrong version and having to click back to search results.

Just something I miss. I guess this will get logged as "probably coming at some point". It's not urgent or a deal breaker.

EDIT: like others I use the steering wheel controls for Spotify.
I use the steering wheel controls as well. We definitely need some more Alexa integration or voice recognition (like texting) going forward which I'm sure they will add in the future with software.

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
The quirks are minor and all can be fixed over time or with software, so no complaints here. Just want to give potential owners some ideas on what to expect. It's part of being an early adopter.

That's our just over 1 year old Vizsla and he's loving the truck as well!
Vizsla is so adorable. He has excellent taste in trucks ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Awwww.... That dog is all curled up and comfy.. ā¤ā¤ā¤
Thatā€™s like the only time heā€™s NOT moving. As you are probably aware they require lots of exercise!!!

Rivian R1T R1S 1 week in and in LOVE, but not without some quirks - my R1T delivery summary and initial thoughts! 1628A4B1-4A80-4A09-AA54-91DF7AB56870

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I would agree on all your points, particularly how helpful this Forum is. I moved into my R1T from a Tesla MY and still think the MY is a great car, but the R1T is head & shoulders better, especially on the interior.

Only minor disagreement ... that empty space in from of the centre consol between the driver & passenger legs I have really grown to like. Small bags (wife's handbag) fit well there or stuff I used to just throw on the empty passenger seat now goes there.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
If you tap on the now playing tab on right, it will open a bigger view to the left.

rushidesai

First Name
Rushi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I confirmed configuration Feb 9th and my guide just messaged me that my R1S was in production. Did you get any such message before your VIN was assigned and the 8-step process started? I don't know whether I'm weeks away or months away from delivery.

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would agree on all your points, particularly how helpful this Forum is. I moved into my R1T from a Tesla MY and still think the MY is a great car, but the R1T is head & shoulders better, especially on the interior.

Only minor disagreement ... that empty space in from of the centre consol between the driver & passenger legs I have really grown to like. Small bags (wife's handbag) fit well there or stuff I used to just throw on the empty passenger seat now goes there.
true but you could do that on the floor if you wanted! Some thoughtful organization and spaces for water bottles would have been a nice touch.

I confirmed configuration Feb 9th and my guide just messaged me that my R1S was in production. Did you get any such message before your VIN was assigned and the 8-step process started? I don't know whether I'm weeks away or months away from delivery.
I did, but itā€™s hard to predict. My guess is weeks, but more than a few. I was 4 weeks for just my 8-steps and delivery. so I would venture a 2 month guess?

Sponsored

CORivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RivianR1T
Occupation
Realtor
Glad you are loving it. Pro tip - Don't reach for the spotify pane when playing a song to change songs, use the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. Volume on the scroll, forward back on the buttons. Doesn't give you pause, but I usually just scroll the volume down instead of pausing.
Push the left button to pause and unpause

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
2 more comments:

-the stereo system is fantastic. The 3D surround sound is amazing. I canā€™t believe anyone would need or want more than this, my ears clearly canā€™t hear the nuances.

-QUIET. The truck is quiet. It rides so quiet. Itā€™s insulated. Windows open, loud. Close windows silence. My Tesla was loud This truck all but eliminated the road noise.

HimuraMOdo

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T Adventure+22" ; 14 Durango
Occupation
Engineer
Congratulations! It's a very nice color combo definitely!

I usually keep it at AP mode with soft ride option. That works well for me. Rarely use the sport mode neither but I remember that's the mode to give you the true 0-60 in 3s.

HVAC definitely needs some works. It tends to disable the center 2 vents if in heat mode for some reason. And it seems there is a hard cold/hot switch point at around 70-71F. I usually keep it at 72F Auto so it always blows hot air for me in the winter.

Once you have the home location set in the truck, I think the Paak will be disabled at home. And truck will be in sleep after some time. You can double check that after sometime by turning the steering wheel through the window with the door closed.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
First and foremost I want to say this forum has been invaluable for information, camaraderie, and just generally keeping me excited about taking delivery of my R1T. This journey started with no real plans to actually take delivery of a vehicle - we put down a deposit on an R1S as we invested some in the Rivian IPO and figured it wouldn't be the worst thing to give them a $1,000 interest free loan and stay plugged into what they were doing. This was December 2021 and we had a vehicle we loved (Tesla Model 3) but as things progressed and with the future price increases, our growing family, the addition of a dog, and our Colorado lifestyle it became clear we were the perfect candidates for a Rivian. We switched our order to an R1T from the S (we already have an SUV we love), replaced the Tesla, and the rest is history! You can see my timeline below from order date to confirmation to shop access to 8-steps. I think we all know how it goes by this point but any questions let me know. We picked up at the Denver service center and they've been great to work with:
Great thread. Iā€™m taking delivery of a Limestone R1T Thursday but with the black mountain interior and 20ā€ wheels. Iā€™ve never seen the Limestone in person and have been a bit nervous about it. We did the first mile in a white one which we loved but like every other car is white.

I have a Model S which Iā€™m keeping. This is upgrading a 2010 F350 for us. Some range anxiety unlike the Tesla but our towing is mostly local.

Congrats on your truck!

Lhhaus

First Name
LH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x1, 530i
Love this thread. Taking delivery of limestone R1T in April. originally wanted blue but then saw Limestone and just loved it in person with yellow accents. LOVE the Vizsla, miss my old guy (17 years ago this pic)!
Rivian R1T R1S 1 week in and in LOVE, but not without some quirks - my R1T delivery summary and initial thoughts! IMG_1454
Sponsored