2019 preorder, next to a service center, still in "processing estimate" limbo

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Very annoyed this morning.

Background:

10/6/2019 R1S preorder, haven't changed configuration in ages. I live less than 5 miles from an active service center (in a straight line, 11 minutes in traffic).

R1Ts have been delivered local to me for months, a new one in my neighborhood a couple of weeks ago, and a coworker spotted one in her neighborhood last week (about two miles from my house).

The 10/28 "update" email changed my delivery window from 1st half 2023 to "processing estimate" with the verbiage that a lot of people got about being too far from a service center.

Since this clearly appeared to be a mistake, I sent an email immediately, and got on chat the following monday morning. The CS representative basically said "yeah that's weird" and promised to get back to me.

After getting no response, I began emailing weekly, and called a couple of times. Two people offered to "escalate" but after that I didn't get anything but a boilerplate email stating I'd get updates in January and every three months after that.

I got on chat again this morning to follow up, and was told that my situation had been "sent to the correct team," but that nothing would happen until they sent the next blanket update out in January.

Seriously?

I know there are people with earlier preorders than mine still waiting, and I totally understand their frustration.

I understand the reasoning behind slow walking deliveries until the service center network gets built out. I get that it's very frustrating for people who don't live near a service center but at least there is a plausible reason.

I drive a Tesla Model S that I bought before there was a service center or DC fast charger within the car's maximum range. I knew there were some inherent risks with that, but ultimately it worked out well for me.

At the current rate, it looks like I might get a cybertruck or Lucid Gravity before I'm able to get an R1S.
Sponsored

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
I think you are mistakenly gauging when you should receive an R1S based on when people around you are receiving R1Ts. There are significantly more R1Ts on the ground than R1S, and you definitely haven't been waiting longer than some on here for their R1S

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Deliveries of the S have only ramped up in the last few months, vs Ts which started getting delivered almost a year ago. I get the impatience after seeing so many delivered but the timeline is completely separate.

From reading others' experiences after that 11/1 update, it really sounds like Rivian is not updating any estimates at all until January. Now that doesn't mean they might not contact you and say yours is ready to go before then, but as far as what you see on your account it likely won't change until the next update.

OP
OP
Joe schmoe

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Deliveries of the S have only ramped up in the last few months, vs Ts which started getting delivered almost a year ago. I get the impatience after seeing so many delivered but the timeline is completely separate.

From reading others' experiences after that 11/1 update, it really sounds like Rivian is not updating any estimates at all until January. Now that doesn't mean they might not contact you and say yours is ready to go before then, but as far as what you see on your account it likely won't change until the next update.
I totally get the R1S vs R1T thing.

But--

There is at least one person in my neighborhood who has been driving an R1T for months that he ordered in 2020. He has an "April-may 2023" deliver estimate for his 2021 R1S preorder.

I've read most of the threads about orders/delivery estimates. There are certainly people who ordered before I did who still have the "processing estimate," but they all either changed their configuration recently or are located in an area without a service center.

As far I can tell, I'm the only person who lives adjacent to a service center, has a preorder before about March of 2022, and doesn't have a delivery window. One of the customer service reps did tell me there were more people with the same issue, but I haven't seen anyone else report it on the forums.

It's been reported that nearly all preorder holders got a delivery estimate (94 or96%, I'm too lazy to look it up right now) so I'd assume most of those are some distance from an open or planned service center.

I got an email specifically stating that I'm too far from service center, but that's plainly incorrect.

So that's why I'm venting.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I totally get the R1S vs R1T thing.

But--

There is at least one person in my neighborhood who has been driving an R1T for months that he ordered in 2020. He has an "April-may 2023" deliver estimate for his 2021 R1S preorder.

I've read most of the threads about orders/delivery estimates. There are certainly people who ordered before I did who still have the "processing estimate," but they all either changed their configuration recently or are located in an area without a service center.

As far I can tell, I'm the only person who lives adjacent to a service center, has a preorder before about March of 2022, and doesn't have a delivery window. One of the customer service reps did tell me there were more people with the same issue, but I haven't seen anyone else report it on the forums.

It's been reported that nearly all preorder holders got a delivery estimate (94 or96%, I'm too lazy to look it up right now) so I'd assume most of those are some distance from an open or planned service center.

I got an email specifically stating that I'm too far from service center, but that's plainly incorrect.

So that's why I'm venting.
There's plenty to vent about for sure. o_O
Sponsored