R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Courtesy of RivianTrackr

https://riviantrackr.com/2024-11/

Software Update 2024.11
Charging Score

Now when you select a charging station in Navigation or in the Rivian mobile app 2.8.0 (or later), you’ll see a charging score based on key factors such as success rate and time it takes to start charging. Trip plans will automatically take these charging scores into account (where they’re available) to help you avoid sites with lower scores. You can also adjust your charging map filters to hide sites with low scores.

Send Navigation, Mapping, and Charging Feedback

Also in Navigation, you now have an option to send feedback to us on any navigation, mapping, and charging issues. Go to the feedback icon to submit your comments.

Rear Display Improvements

We updated the rear display with a new layout, and added more functionality that includes access to:

• Navigation trip progress
  • Power outlet controls
  • Media panel to view what’s currently playing and the ability to play or pause
  • Rear vent and seat heat controls
  • Hotspot connection
  • Bluetooth connection
  • Interior lights control

You can also now lock the rear display screen via a quick control in the center display.

Additional Improvements

• Improved Pet Comfort temperature control by increasing the amount of airflow in the cabin.
  • Improved ride height adjustments to reduce the number of occasions that require the vehicle to raise before a drive.
  • Infotainment:
    • Added new content to the Off-Road Driving section of the R1 Owner’s Guide with guidelines and tips to help you drive more safely and confidently off-road.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the center display to show the outlets timer numbers in the incorrect day or night theme.
    • Fixed a rare issue that caused the driver display to show an extra non-functional garage door option.
    • Fixed an intermittent issue that prevented playlists from displaying while media streamed over a Bluetooth connection.
    • Fixed a very rare issue that caused the Phone panel to crash and display a blank screen when the Bluetooth phone switcher or preset settings were repeatedly tapped.
  • In Navigation, improved the swipe-down behavior of the turn-by-turn instruction panel to make it easier to open while driving.
  • Fixed a rare issue that prevented Gear Guard from starting up and capturing video when the Motion Cam was turned on through the Rivian mobile app.
  • Fixed a rare issue that disabled Hotspot.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused software package downloads to fail when the vehicle was connected to Wi-Fi.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a charging session to stop earlier than expected when state of charge (SoC) limit was set to 50%.
  • Fixed a rare issue during vehicle unlocking that prevented one or more of the door handles from presenting and mirrors from unfolding.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Nothing here I'm excited about.. Maybe I can train the dog to use the rear screen 🙃

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Nothing here I'm excited about.. Maybe I can train the dog to use the rear screen 🙃
Yeah, nothing huge here. But if the charge scores are an automatic thing feeding back into ABRP it could be a big deal once a large number of people are using it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm interested to see how the charging score stuff is going to function. But I'll also say I appreciate they still seem to be listening about "rare issues" people have. My "rare issue" with the mirrors has been when they are frozen over. So not sure if that qualifies.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They've been talking about re-vamping the (virtually) worthless rear display - this seems to be a nice addition/fix to that. Something more for my kids to play with that I'll likely keep locked more often now ahhahaah

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ha! Was just going to say the same thing. I do wonder where they are pulling the data for charger reviews. Maybe Plugshare?
Since they bought ABRP and charger score/review was added I'm sure it's that system. But I sure as hell don't use it, only PlugShare. As I mentioned above, if it's an automatic thing, it could wind up being far more useful than PlugShare.

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm interested to see how the charging score stuff is going to function. But I'll also say I appreciate they still seem to be listening about "rare issues" people have. My "rare issue" with the mirrors has been when they are frozen over. So not sure if that qualifies.
I disabled my mirror folding for the winter so it wouldn't be an issue.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I disabled my mirror folding for the winter so it wouldn't be an issue.
I typically do as well, but when I've got mirror extenders on when pulling a trailer, the folding is necessary or I absent-mindedly run into them with predictable frequency.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, nothing huge here. But if the charge scores are an automatic thing feeding back into ABRP it could be a big deal once a large number of people are using it.
Yeah we will see about the charge scores work out, I don't really use the route planner in the Rivian I just navigate charger to charger. I would hope their is come granularity to it, separating functionality of the chargers, speed and usage.

Bottom line if it saves me some time from checking plug share, EA etc apps as I am incoming then that is a win.

Also bug fixes are always good

Sponsored

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yeah we will see about the charge scores work out, I don't really use the route planner in the Rivian I just navigate charger to charger. I would hope their is come granularity to it, separating functionality of the chargers, speed and usage.

Bottom line if it saves me some time from checking plug share, EA etc apps as I am incoming then that is a win.

Also bug fixes are always good
I still check PlugShare and run routes through ABRP, but in my neck of the woods there aren't a ton of options so the in-vehicle Nav generally picks the same chargers I want anyway. The multi-point routing works pretty well now and on my last road trip it was nice to see the %SoC I needed to get before moving on to the next charger. Without the multi-point routing I assume it wouldn't do that. What wasn't very clear in December/January is whether or not manually adding a series of chargers would get the truck to recognize they were actually chargers and do the same thing without trying to add/remove charging stops on its own. My first stop on the return trip the truck was convinced I wouldn't make it to the first charger and kept trying to reroute me like 30 miles off my route to another charger.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Ford has had a score for a while, it is using Plugshare and you can see the Plugshare comments, but is 1 to 5 stars, whereas Plugshare is 1 to 10 ratings. They also provide a leave feedback button when you use a charger.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Everyone in the country would definitely watch a video of your dog using the screen.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Everyone in the country would definitely watch a video of your dog using the screen.
Well unless he can control it by drooling on it... probably not going to happen