nani

First Name
pavan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Hi,

First of all thank you for all the information here, I have been following the site for past 1 and half year now and love the helpful information here.

My situation involves a 1.5-year-old R1T with 15,000 miles on the odometer. I recently attempted to get it inspected, but it failed due to excessive tire wear on just one tire. To provide some context, I replaced one tire at the 5,000-mile mark due to a significant crack resulting from a curb impact.

My dilemma is whether it's advisable to replace all four tires at once. The other three tires still have approximately 3,000 to 4,000 miles of tread life left. I reached out to Pirelli regarding any warranty coverage, only to be informed that there's no warranty for these tires. Given this, I'm hesitant to stick with the same brand of tires. If anyone here could suggest an alternative tire option for 22-inch wheels, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored

dmbfan21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KIA Telluride
Occupation
Director
Clubs

Hello,

Just changed out my OEM 22's today, after about 18k. I went with the Goodyear Wrangler Steadfast HT. But there are certainly other options and there was a great post a while back with a chart of some tires, but I think it was limited to discount tire, but it was a great start and helped me research some options. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Iā€™d go for the new Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 tires and change all 4. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m going get once I need them. Doesnā€™t seem like my OEM tires will make it to 20k miles. ā˜¹

Rivian R1T R1S 22" Inch Tire Options IMG_8299

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Same plan I have with the Michelin Defender...

Sponsored

dmbfan21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KIA Telluride
Occupation
Director
Clubs

Yes, those would have been my choice as well.....except they are not available until April 2024.

OP
OP

nani

First Name
pavan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Thanks the Wrangler Steadfast HT looks great especially with 70k warranty . Is that the primary reason to get those?

i love the Defender tires as well but looks like they are not available

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I just got the Michelin defenders that everyone else here was talking about. I like them, they are 10ply and 50K mile warranty.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Michelins seem like a great choice. It looks like there are a few Continental options as well: terrain Contact A/T and H/T.

I typically buy through TireBuyer using Shop through Chase, to get 5 points / $1 spent. TireBuyer also offers 10% off to military and first responders, and 8% off to everyone else with code TIRES8. AND right now, thereā€™s a rebate promo for Michelin tires. Buy a set of 4 tires and get a $70 prepaid Visa mailed to you, after submitted a rebate request.

vordo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rav4 EV
Occupation
Film Music Editor
I also have 22ā€™s and so far the OEM ride is pretty good. I too am looking at the Michelins - my question is since this is my first truck would the Michelins be good for off road situations?

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Iā€™m replacing my OEM 22s with the following seasonal options after some research - my truck only has 11,000 miles on it but the stock Pirellis are already down to 4-5 32nds in some cases:

Winter: Michelin X-Ice Snow 275/50R22
Summer: Continental TerrainContact H/T

I know a lot of people like the Defenders but the TerrainContacts were almost half the price with a 70k mileage warranty. There is an A/T version as well that looks great but I do very little off-roading and almost all highway driving so went with the H/T model. This thread is also helpful:

https://rivianforums.com/forum/threads/22-recommendations.19351/page-2#post-435486