First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Trying to catch up on this thread since my ATs are louder than my kids(me) screaming taylor swift songs.

My local Discount Tire only has these in E1 load range, $388/tire. Worth it to go somewhere else to get the XL versions?

DoubleTake

Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Military
Trying to catch up on this thread since my ATs are louder than my kids(me) screaming taylor swift songs.

My local Discount Tire only has these in E1 load range, $388/tire. Worth it to go somewhere else to get the XL versions?
If you want the recon grapplers absolutely go with the 116T and not the E Load rating version

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
I’m really curious with the guys that have these installed, what's your opinion on them in the wet? I’ve had some road trips in the pirelli 20’s in heavy rain and I had the tires hydroplane on me a few times. My confidence in them or AT tires is not high with that.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I’m really curious with the guys that have these installed, what's your opinion on them in the wet? I’ve had some road trips in the pirelli 20’s in heavy rain and I had the tires hydroplane on me a few times. My confidence in them or AT tires is not high with that.
Any tire can hydroplane if you go fast enough and the water is deep enough, because you've exceeded its ability to displace water. I've hydroplaned in a X5 with brand new Continental Extreme Contact AWS06s, which is a very good wet weather tire. Just drive slower.

Last edited:

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Any tire can hydroplane if you go fast enough and the water is deep enough, because you've exceeded its ability to displace water. I've hydroplaned in a X5 with brand new Continental Extreme Contact AWS06s, which is a very good wet weather tire. Just drive slower.
Yeah that’s a given, but when it happens on roads you’re familiar with on other tires it gives you pause.

(Edit) I live in south Florida so it’s always raining
Sponsored