Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

"COMING SOON: The first size will be available February 2024 with other fitments planned to be released later in the year."

It will be interesting to hear what sizes they release. They mention fitment for the Rivian at the bottom so maybe they will support the OEM 21" size eventually.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I typically run Toyo Open County M/Ts, so this might be an interesting try.

Reactions: Fes

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Nice! Looking forward to the reviews on these after they are available. I really liked the Open Country AT3s I had on my Tacoma.

Sponsored

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover D5, Jeep JL, R1S
We run Toyo OC AT3s on my wife's Land Rover and my son's Wrangler. They're awesome. Cautiously excited for this tire for our Rivian.

-Rich

Reactions: R1z

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Toyo has now released an A/T tire for EVs with a low rolling resistance. Hoping to see some test results soon.

https://www.toyotires.com/open-country-at3-ev
Originally announced at SEMA. Only 275/60R20 at launch in February—relevant to those converting from factory 21s, but keeping software the same. They will have more sizes as time passes, but issued no info on what sizes or when. Also provided no info on weight.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Toyo has now released an A/T tire for EVs with a low rolling resistance. Hoping to see some test results soon.

https://www.toyotires.com/open-country-at3-ev
I will be a guinea pig on these, most likely, as I'm ready to switch from 21's to 20's. I already asked Discount Tire in their introduction thread about these and they did some digging but could not find any additional info on these yet. I was looking for a release date/pricing through them.

** Edit: Just saw they released the sizes coming in February, I'm not interested in LT tires so I won't be a guinea pig yet.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
I've run these in 37's on my other truck and like them in general. Lots of problems finding ones that would balance well though. Approximately 50% of them wouldn't balance correctly and I had to replace.

browniefed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance Dual Max Pack R1T
Props to Toyo, finally specific call outs to things EV focused. Hopefully others follow suit, and maybe we get some comparison to OEMs, etc.

Sponsored

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
For 21s, I'll take the upcoming Michelin LTX vs Toyo

Last edited:

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I'd be surprised if Toyo develops a 21" Open Country, honestly. They have a bunch of LT sizes for 20" wheels in their current lineup, and a non-LT 275 size for 22" wheels, but nothing in between.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Interesting. They rate this tire as “5” for efficiency vs. ”3.5” for the non-EV variant. It would be great if they define what that actually means. Get even halfway to an All-Season efficiency and I’ll become a Toyo customer.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
SUATMM!

Kärsti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, 20' AT tires
Installed the AT/3
Interesting. They rate this tire as “5” for efficiency vs. ”3.5” for the non-EV variant. It would be great if they define what that actually means. Get even halfway to an All-Season efficiency and I’ll become a Toyo customer.
I am running the non-EV AT3 (1100 miles so far), and see essentially no difference in efficiency between them and the Pirelli ATs. In fact they might be a bit better efficiency wise especially on the highway, perhaps due to the higher load index and PSI (running 60 psi).
Sponsored