39.1 messed up radio functionality

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
So it used to be when listening to radio, left thumb wheel did volume and the left/right button switched between favorite stations. Now on my truck, left/right searches down/up in freq. Anyone else note this?

It also placed my favorites in numerical order by freq instead of how I wanted them ie 2 most listened to favs next to each other.

So extreme example - favorite at 88.0 and 108.0. Used to be one button push as I had saved 88 and 108 next to each other, now in 39.1 it's almost 20 button pushes to get to 108 when on 88. Useless.

One step fwd, 10 steps backwards. Thanks Rivian
Sponsored

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would vastly prefer that the stations were save in numerical order bt default. I had to work hard to get mine to be that way as they were previously arranged (as you noted) in the order they were saved in. OCD, I guess...

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hey, at least yours works....mine hasn't functioned since the last update.

OP
OP
Dirty_B

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I would vastly prefer that the stations were save in numerical order bt default. I had to work hard to get mine to be that way as they were previously arranged (as you noted) in the order they were saved in. OCD, I guess...
I get that somewhat, ( i prefer my favorites to be associate by "how" favorite they are but that's OK) but favorites no longer serve a purpose other than for organization. Because the buttons on the steering wheel now serve as seek up/down buttons vs switching between favorites.

So having favorites serves only to organize them for ease of viewing and switching on the audio page - if on any other page you cannot switch between favorites:
If you're on the Nav page driving, you now need to switch to the audio page and select the favorite station by touching that station's tab. You cannot go with the steering wheel controls. And in my area one favorite is 98.7 and the other was 104.1 - so to switch requires at least 10 pushes of the steering wheel button on the right to go from 98.7 to 104.1...

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I can imagine 2 helpful favorites settings

1) order preference, manual or automatic by frequency. If manual should be able to long press and then drag the stations to a new spot in the grid (obviously only allow edits while parked)

2) “home” setting. when near home (X mile radius) the left/right buttons on steering wheel should move between favorite stations. Outside of the home radius the favorites should be ignored and left/right steering wheel buttons should be seek. Could also implement this as a button that is “disable” next to the word favorites. The main use of this is road trips as you get out of range of the favorites stations.

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

So it used to be when listening to radio, left thumb wheel did volume and the left/right button switched between favorite stations. Now on my truck, left/right searches down/up in freq. Anyone else note this?
I totally agree! I really miss the function to press the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to move between favorites. Seems silly to lose that functionality. Rivian, please bring this back!

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
The ability to arrange radio stations in a preferred order, and to quickly navigate between those favorites has been a standard feature of automobiles for as long as they have had digital FM tuners....so something like for 50 years. Be better, Rivian.

Lurksalot

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru, R1T
Occupation
none
Clubs

I had expected this issue to be fixed with the 2022.43.2 update. After updating last night, I found it didn't change. Annoying. At least my "roomy entry" feature worked.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I had expected this issue to be fixed with the 2022.43.2 update. After updating last night, I found it didn't change. Annoying. At least my "roomy entry" feature worked.
Same here. Radio tuner still unable to connect. Everything else is functioning correctly.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Is everyone creating a ticket?

I've created a ticket and I've sent emails to my guide along with support, but they all seem to pretend that there isn't an issue.

The steering wheel buttons can no longer select between favorites, and this used to work just fine.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
They did open a ticket for me. I told them that I mostly stream from the phone and FM wasn’t a high priority, but they are opening a ticket and letting me have the option to time a repair after they get back to me with a solution.
Sponsored