jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Update: After driving around quite a bit over the last few days, I can confirm that the "right pull" on alignment is only happening in Conserve mode. Once I switch back to All Purpose, it tracks perfectly straight. This is something that needs to be rectified asap.
Sponsored

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Update: After driving around quite a bit over the last few days, I can confirm that the "right pull" on alignment is only happening in Conserve mode. Once I switch back to All Purpose, it tracks perfectly straight. This is something that needs to be rectified asap.
Just another data point, I don't have an explanation.

I drove a few hundred miles in conserve mode this past week. When in the right lane on a four lane highway the truck pulled slightly to the right. When in the left lane it pulled slightly to the left.

I didn't check how it behaved in all purpose.

Before the recall it pulled to the right consistently.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Just another data point, I don't have an explanation.

I drove a few hundred miles in conserve mode this past week. When in the right lane on a four lane highway the truck pulled slightly to the right. When in the left lane it pulled slightly to the left.

I didn't check how it behaved in all purpose.

Before the recall it pulled to the right consistently.
The explanation is the crown in the road.

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The explanation is the crown in the road.
Not for me. I stayed in the same lane for a long time. Conserve pulled right, all purpose tracked straight....period.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hi, what was the conclusion of your misalignment woes?
It was improved after the SC. However, I got it back from its 3rd time at the SC for myriad reasons, mainly gear tunnel panels weren't aligned. But I'd also heard an irregular clunking noise on a 180 drive from front left area, so they did full inspection, lube, etc. and 5 wheel tire rotation. Now it's pulling slightly to the right. :facepalm:

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ā€˜20 Forester
Clubs

2 alignments at the SC and mine still pulls to the right and the steering wheel isnā€™t totally centered. Told that the drifting to the right is normalā€¦..

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I'm sure it's been covered, but I have a slight misalignment with nominal pull to the right. It's not that big of a deal, but it's certainly there. Any people with experience and what experience you've had, if any, in getting it resolved with Rivian. Just another ticket? Does it require a trip to the SC or can a mobile tech adjust it? Thanks in advance.
I paid for an alignment at the service center. May be a good idea, but you might first try turning of lane keeping. My sense of being in the lane and Rivian's were not, as it were, well aligned.

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I paid for an alignment at the service center. May be a good idea, but you might first try turning of lane keeping. My sense of being in the lane and Rivian's were not, as it were, well aligned.
I like the 'lane keeping' setting on the Rivian, along with the 'false rumble strip' effect if you drift off far right or left lanes. My Audi S6 has lane keeping as well, but it's more subtle than the R1T. We should not have to turn off all these options just to keep alignment correct - it's unacceptable and, perhaps, can be addressed further in future OTA updates. While Rivian has stated in numerous, past updates that Driver+ has been improved for tracking, it still leaves A LOT to be desired and I don't use it much at all. I'm driving from SLC to Bear Lake this Thursday w/o towing and will probably try it out again to see if the last two updates have resulted in any improvement. I have not done this drive w/o a trailer for some time, so we shall see.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I like the 'lane keeping' setting on the Rivian, along with the 'false rumble strip' effect if you drift off far right or left lanes. My Audi S6 has lane keeping as well, but it's more subtle than the R1T. We should not have to turn off all these options just to keep alignment correct - it's unacceptable and, perhaps, can be addressed further in future OTA updates. While Rivian has stated in numerous, past updates that Driver+ has been improved for tracking, it still leaves A LOT to be desired and I don't use it much at all. I'm driving from SLC to Bear Lake this Thursday w/o towing and will probably try it out again to see if the last two updates have resulted in any improvement. I have not done this drive w/o a trailer for some time, so we shall see.
I wasn't saying that my alignment was off...just that the truck might feel like it was pulling if your sense of where it should be in the lane was different than what the truck 'likes'.
Sponsored