Sponsored

Anyone black out R1S window trim?

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Has anyone blacked out the chrome around the Windor trim? I saw Amazon selling some stickers but was wondering if that is really the best way to do it? I know I would be afraid to mess up the lines perfectly for a good fitment
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Has anyone blacked out the chrome around the Windor trim? I saw Amazon selling some stickers but was wondering if that is really the best way to do it? I know I would be afraid to mess up the lines perfectly for a good fitment
Do a search for Chrome Delete. There are plenty of pictures for you to see.

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
I got ones from Twreps:

TWRAPS Chrome Delete Wrap Kit for Rivian R1S (Gloss Black) | Precut Blackout Overlay Color Vinyl Trim Wrap, Rivian Styling Accessory https://a.co/d/8tIbe78

Relatively straightforward to do. Maybe 1-2 hours with some patience.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8444

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8440

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8457

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It’s talked about quite a bit down in exterior mods.

I took it a step further with C Pillar and Mirror Caps
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_0252

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@pangpang77 i like how you got the Rivian letters and R1S in black. How did you make sure everything was center and aligned when you put the new letters back on?

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@pangpang77 i like how you got the Rivian letters and R1S in black. How did you make sure everything was center and aligned when you put the new letters back on?
Those look like the vinyl letter caps? But Abstract Ocean also sells the complete black logo kit (we have it, just have not gotten around to putting it in)
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_9973

They come with a super handy alignment jig - that will keep spacing correct.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_0215

Last edited:

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
That’s right, I got the full set from Abstract Ocean:

https://abstractocean.com/products/satin-black-emblems-for-rivian-r1s?variant=42381442515117

The letters come in a template and so basically before taking off the silver originals I dry-erased the edges of the template and used blue painters tape to ensure it was perfectly straight and aligned to the original locations.

They come with a nice floss like string with two rings so you don’t cut into your fingers (it take a bit of effort to remove the old ones). Then some Goo Gone to remove the leftover adhesive and the application is just alinginf the template and pushing down on the lettters.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8442

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8428

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8441

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone black out R1S window trim? IMG_8427

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@pangpang77 what do you mean dry erases? Did you put the letters ontop of the silver ones and sketch out the corners to make where you need to put the new letters? Abstract ocean is out of the black/yellow letters

For the TWraps did you think gloss black matches the vehicle better than matte black? Was that easy to do?

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
@pangpang77 what do you mean dry erases? Did you put the letters ontop of the silver ones and sketch out the corners to make where you need to put the new letters? Abstract ocean is out of the black/yellow letters

For the TWraps did you think gloss black matches the vehicle better than matte black? Was that easy to do?
Exactly dry erase markers (please don’t use permanent sharpies) to mark the edge of the foam templates the letters come in (I also used blue painters tape).

I think they come and go in stock at Abstract Ocean. I kept on checking frequently.

For TWRAPS the glossy trim matches the factory window trims pretty well. It took me about an hour to do. Just have to be patient. After the first one you’ll really get the hang of it. They provide an extra set if you mess up.

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@pangpang77 Why do you need painters tape if you mark the corners?

Is the window chrome delete strip on AbstractOcean the same as the ones they sell on TWraps? $120 for some black tape. I wonder how long they last through weather and car washes?
Sponsored

Last edited: