Sponsored

Anyone using Rivian (unofficial) integration with Home Assistant?

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Very cool to see folks accessing info like this!

Quick question.. How do I save something on my computer as a PDF?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Not to wake a stale thread, but this is awesome. I’m in the middle of switching from smartthings to home assistant.

I am going to write a script to keep the garage door from auto-closing if the R1S is at home and the liftgate is open.

Got some good scratches on the minivan tailgate from that.
This is interesting. I dont use auto close but I send notifications if the garage door is left open. I view the camera and then close it manually using HA. To prevent auto and manual closing if the liftgate is open, I may try to wire a relay and zwave switch to the garage door trip sensor. If liftgate is open or motion sensor is active or gear guard is active, then short the trip sensor so the door won't close. This should block remotes, wall switch, api, and auto closing. I'll first test the behavior of trip sensors against open and close methods. Hmmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Fyi, I recently incorporated some of the dashboards and automation from here

https://gist.github.com/tmack8001/d213097f4309a977d1806573cf2b2e91

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is interesting. I dont use auto close but I send notifications if the garage door is left open. I view the camera and then close it manually using HA. To prevent auto and manual closing if the liftgate is open, I may try to wire a relay and zwave switch to the garage door trip sensor. If liftgate is open or motion sensor is active or gear guard is active, then short the trip sensor so the door won't close. This should block remotes, wall switch, api, and auto closing. I'll first test the behavior of trip sensors against open and close methods. Hmmm
that’s an interesting method.

With just the HA integration with ratgdo I can’t figure out how to block the wall remote… I can only stop the door after it starts, but it’s pretty responsive, so it will probably stop the door in time.

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

The 2024.03.02 software update seems to have broken my unofficial rivian integration in Home Assistant. It is not updating values anymore.

has anyone else had issues?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
everything seems fine to me.

originally i installed it manually and at somepoint changed to the HACS install.

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

everything seems fine to me.

originally i installed it manually and at somepoint changed to the HACS install.
I disabled/re-enabled the integration and it started working again... not sure what happened.... 🤷‍♂️

alanjohnwilliams

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I started playing around with this using Influxdb (FLUX) and Grafana. I've got two dashboards - a status focused dashboard (Status Dashboard Code) and a stats focused dashboard (Stats Dashboard).

Some notes on this:

1. Edit the vehicleName dashboard for the name (entity prefix) for your vehicle. The dashboards should support multiple Rivians in the family.
  2. I have hard coded 130 kWh battery capacity in some spots. I have older Rivian integration data that exists prior to this being reported by the integration. You may need to fix that hard coded if you have standard or max pack.
  3. As for efficiency reporting, the resolution of time points is too sparse to get what you get on the dash. But still useful for trip level perspectives.
  4. Not tested extensively, so let me know if you see anything off.
  5. You need flux enabled on influxdb. (I'm running influxdb and Grafana outside of home assistant.)
Stats Dashboard:
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone using Rivian (unofficial) integration with Home Assistant? Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 11.55.52 AM

Status Dashboard:
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone using Rivian (unofficial) integration with Home Assistant? Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 11.56.19 AM

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

How do you get the data from home assistant into grafana?​

evcars4all

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model S
I recently incorporated some of the dashboards and automation from here
The automation for a door ajar is a good one. While traveling, I left the tailgate down in my truck by accident and lost 50mi range overnight. Fortunately I was near enough to a charger that it wasn’t anything ,ore than an inconvenience

poldim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
i haven't done too much with mine yet, but i can see my SOC go down slowly while it sits in my garage. i can see it mostly NOT sleeping at home; i think because i walk around with my phone and it sometimes gets too close.
What kind of standby drain are you seeing from your data?

In a recent video in April, Wassym Bensaid mentioned that the expected idle drain for the car should be an average of 1 mile per day [12:59]. My car appears to be averaging about 4x that amount at 3.8x. From 5/25/24 14:35 to 6/1/24 9:45 (6.8 days), the car lost 8.1% SOC.

The consumption seems directly correlated to the time it's spent not asleep which is "ready" state on the power state sensor. Not sure why it's waking up so often and for this long.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone using Rivian (unofficial) integration with Home Assistant? 1717965938092-3v
Sponsored