Sponsored

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
While I would love to see Apple buy Rivian and really give Tesla a run for its money (competition is good for everyone), I’m sure this is just something to do with Apple Music or Apple TV+.

Also Amazon is already invested in Rivian and they’re not going to give that up to Apple. Honestly though, who wouldn’t want to see a merger? Imagine Tim Cook handing the reigns over to RJ. Apple needs new blood and Rivian needs cash. They could also benefit from Apple’s new AI and autonomous tech Apple spent 10 years developing.

Match made in heaven?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
While I would love to see Apple buy Rivian and really give Tesla a run for its money (competition is good for everyone), I’m sure this is just something to do with Apple Music or Apple TV+.

Also Amazon is already invested in Rivian and they’re not going to give that up to Apple. Honestly though, who wouldn’t want to see a merger? Imagine Tim Cook handing the reigns over to RJ. Apple needs new blood and Rivian needs cash. They could also benefit from Apple’s new AI and autonomous tech Apple spent 10 years developing.

Match made in heaven?
Imagine Tim Cook handing the reigns over to RJ?

I think highly of RJ, but that woud be a disaster. Apple needs a Tim Cook type of person (supply chain, business management, execution) which is pretty much the polar opposite of RJ. If RJ was parallel to TIm Cook, that might make an interesting team.

But none of this will happen, 'cuz Apple is not buying Rivian.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

At current prices, you'd get….

1 Apple share per 17.59 Rivian shares.

Because "straight across" in stock swaps means straight across in *value*.
Well, sure if you're going to technical about it. But that isn't what I was intending.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
A great amount of speculation for nothing. I actually know for a fact that it definitely has to do with one of two things:

1) Due to the disdain many have for the Rivian Camp Speaker, Apple will partner with Rivian to supply Rivian branded HomePod speakers for the refresh. Direct competitor to Sonos being offered by competition.

2) Due to the disdain many have for the Apple HomePod speakers, Rivian will be supplying the hardware to apple customers to modify their existing HomePods to be ”secure storage” areas.

/S

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

@Underwhirled

Is Camel’s Dream of Mushroom SOP tasty?? Where can I get a can of this?

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
There is an R1T in the first episode of the new Dark Matter series on Apple TV+. This is clear evidence that Apple is buying Rivian!

/s
Rivian R1T R1S Apple & Rivian Reportedly in Partnership Talks 1000005360

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
OMG Apple is going to buy Rivian.. you know because they canceled their car project and because RJ did the 'one more thing' bit... </s>
[

Less than 1 % chance Apple will buy Rivian. Apple wants to sell its software and AI based driver assistance program. That’s where the money is.

Sponsored

TomInPDX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
I'm with you. All Apple products control you; you don't control them. I don't think that I want a truck that controls me. If Apple takes control of Rivian, I'll be headed back to Chevrolet.

Brian
Trying to understand this. I have a lot of Apple products and have for many years. Never have I felt controlled by any of them. If Rivian added CarPlay for example, it’s just another option. If you don’t like it, you could always choose to use the regular Rivian UI. I just don’t get the extreme positions on this.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Trying to understand this. I have a lot of Apple products and have for many years. Never have I felt controlled by any of them. If Rivian added CarPlay for example, it’s just another option. If you don’t like it, you could always choose to use the regular Rivian UI. I just don’t get the extreme positions on this.
Yup. That’s some serious paranoia there. Apple devices are just tools like any other. If only they knew how much data their Rivian uploads to the cloud on a daily basis… better run to Chevy ASAP.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

I listened to that interview again and while I think streaming Apple services are the most plausible, did anyone get a vibe that *maybe* Apple would be interested in a white box chassis/platform that they could then throw a body and infotainment/FSD hardware into?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I listened to that interview again and while I think streaming Apple services are the most plausible, did anyone get a vibe that *maybe* Apple would be interested in a white box chassis/platform that they could then throw a body and infotainment/FSD hardware into?
The question to ask yourself is why would Apple have an interest in doing something like that. The financials just don't seem to make sense.
Sponsored