Sponsored

ATL-area electrician recs?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Just picked an R1S from the Shop yesterday. Will need an electrician to install a charger in my garage at some point in the next month or two. Anybody have recommendations for a company or individual they used who did quality work for a fair price (doesn't need to be the cheapest, just needs to be fair), pulled required permits, legitimately met code, etc.?

I'm in Roswell if it makes any difference.
Sponsored

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
I just saw this video...it may help as this atl r1 owner had them install a rvian charger...seemed very reasonable..

Last edited:
OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just say this video...it may help as this atl r1 owner had them install a rvian charger...seemed very reasonable..

Thanks for the video. Agree that the price looked reasonable and that they did a professional job. For anyone looking at this thread in the future who doesn't want to watch the video, the company used was High IQ Electrical. Looks like they're based in Decatur but do work anywhere in ATL area and beyond. They've got a ton of photos and videos of their installations on social media.

Deleted member 12197

Call a guy called Gerald. Search for 50StatesElectric in Atlanta. He’s really good. Did all my EV chargers - 3 chargers in 2 houses. Fair price too.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Thanks for the video. Agree that the price looked reasonable and that they did a professional job. For anyone looking at this thread in the future who doesn't want to watch the video, the company used was High IQ Electrical. Looks like they're based in Decatur but do work anywhere in ATL area and beyond. They've got a ton of photos and videos of their installations on social media.
Just called them myself and spoke with Randall...veryknowledgable..

Going with the Tesla J1772 charger and they are going to come and install and upgrade my wiring if applicable.

Sponsored

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I'm in NE Cobb and used Arc Angel Electric to combine a couple of sub-panels for my shop, install two 60 amp circuits and two Wallbox EVSEs. Currently the EVSEs (one inside the garage and one outside) share one 60 amp circuit. Eventually the outdoor EVSE will be on it's own circuit and there will be two EVSEs sharing the indoor circuit.

Arc Angel is one of the installers recommended by Georgia Power. They did good work at a fair price.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Just worked with Hi IQ Electrical that i asked them to change my nema 14-50 converted to a hard-wired Tesla J1772 wall charger - and a few other small things - such as putting an access hole from the garage to outside to pass the charging cable through to where the Rivian was. Very knowledgeable and very reasonable. Randal and his associates can late Friday afternoon and worked until the job was completed. Would recommend.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just worked with Hi IQ Electrical that i asked them to change my nema 14-50 converted to a hard-wired Tesla J1772 wall charger - and a few other small things - such as putting an access hole from the garage to outside to pass the charging cable through to where the Rivian was. Very knowledgeable and very reasonable. Randal and his associates can late Friday afternoon and worked until the job was completed. Would recommend.
Thanks for the update! I think I've finally decided where the charger needs to go in my garage, so I need to get off my butt and actually schedule an electrician.

Did they pull permits for the work? I'm probably being paranoid, but this feels like one of those jobs that probably doesn't end up with permits most of the time it's done, but I worry would really bite me in the butt if I don't check all the legal boxes. As far as I can tell, a permit is required in Roswell, and I imagine most of the ATL-area cities or counties.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
No permit - as my garage already had a charger..this was to update the charger to a J1772 from the tesla connection.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No permit - as my garage already had a charger..this was to update the charger to a J1772 from the tesla connection.
Makes sense, thanks!

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Randall from Hi IQ came out today with one of his guys. Install was done in 2-2.5 hours. Conduit install looks nice and clean. I have 150a service, so they checked what our ACs pull before setting everything up on a 60a breaker and 48a output from the EVSE. They said they've done a few Rivian chargers, lots of Tesla and others.

$610 total cost. I'll admit that I did not ask about permits.
Sponsored