Sponsored

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
I love them on our BRaptor (though that’s a 37 and just *way* more tire) and would love to hear how they do for you.
Sponsored

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
I'm not much of a fan of the stock AT’s. They have been decent (18K miles) but not great. I couldn’t make it home this week during an ice storm, and my R1T was uncontrollable. I had to hike home and grab my 2008 LandCruiser on BFG KO2’s. The cruiser walked thru the snow and ice like the roads were clear. I really think this truck needs a dedicated snow tire in the winter, but wanted to give it a fair comparison to the LC. I will report back later on range loss and snow performance. So far, I am enjoying the slightly stiffer profile. It feels similar to stock on drive pavement. Looks great IMO and they are quieter (new vs 18K miles). If they dont work in snow, I will make these my 3 season setup and get a dedicated snow package. I hope this works.

IMG_1446.jpeg
IMG_1451.jpeg
N
IMG_1452.jpeg

img_1450-jpeg.jpg
I am in Utah too. What shop did the install for you?

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
I’ve had K02s on all my Raptors and have only replaced with K02s. That said, on my First Edition Bronco it had the Sasquatch package and the Goodyear “Wrangler” Maximum Tread tires. They are egregiously called an MT tire because of the above abbreviation, but they are an AT tire. It’s also the tire that’s on the Ram TRX.

Having had Falkens, and Nittos on my Jeeps and other vehicles and living in Minnesota with snow and cold weather I can say that I may give the slight edge to the Goodyear MT for snow, ice and general winter driving over my K02. I will likely not replace my 37 tire on my Raptor with the Goodyear MT because of the look I enjoy with the K02 but my last item worth mentioning is wear. I’ve owned maybe 6 different sets of k02s and they don’t last much longer after 15-20k miles and there have been upset campers getting barely over 12k with needing to replace. On our FE Bronco the MT tires feel uncompromised even with 25k miles. It will be my new go to tire replacing the Grapplers I’ve had in the past.

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
I’ve had K02s on all my Raptors and have only replaced with K02s. That said, on my First Edition Bronco it had the Sasquatch package and the Goodyear “Wrangler” Maximum Tread tires. They are egregiously called an MT tire because of the above abbreviation, but they are an AT tire. It’s also the tire that’s on the Ram TRX.

Having had Falkens, and Nittos on my Jeeps and other vehicles and living in Minnesota with snow and cold weather I can say that I may give the slight edge to the Goodyear MT for snow, ice and general winter driving over my K02. I will likely not replace my 37 tire on my Raptor with the Goodyear MT because of the look I enjoy with the K02 but my last item worth mentioning is wear. I’ve owned maybe 6 different sets of k02s and they don’t last much longer after 15-20k miles and there have been upset campers getting barely over 12k with needing to replace. On our FE Bronco the MT tires feel uncompromised even with 25k miles. It will be my new go to tire replacing the Grapplers I’ve had in the past.
Thats interesting. I have a little over 40k miles on my '19 Raptor right now and still pleanty of tread left on the first set of K02's.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
I'm waiting on my R1S and looking forward to putting these on. I had these on my Raptor and loved how well they did in the snow. Living in CO u need some dependable tread for the crazy weather...plus our road never gets plowed.

One more thing on the K02's. There is a C load and a E load. The C load were factory OEM. They got me around 15k miles before they started showing wear and were not as "sticky" on ice. the E load while pricier lasted longer.

Sponsored

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic

I had Nitto Trail Grapplers on my FJ cruiser that lasted a very long time. Still has lots of meat on it but started to get louder after 40,000 miles. They were super quiet for a mud tire when new. Would love to use them on my Rivian but the mileage would probably suck.

twieland

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T - Limestone, Ocean Coast, 21's
Occupation
Tech
Currently have E rated KO2's on my Tundra with about 45K miles and still decent tread remaining. Would be great to hear report back on what kind of range loss you are seeing over the Scorpions ...

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
I ran Goodyear Duratrac on my Jeep. That's the best thing about 20" rims, plenty of options available.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I've run the KO2s on my FJ55 and my 4Runner for years. They do perform well when you need them too, but I've had some balance issues with newer ones and I don't know if I'd put them on the Rivian yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how they work for you. I am in SoCal so only occasionally needing to drive in snow on trips.

Another option to consider: I recently switched the 4Runner to the new BFG Trail Terrain T/A tires. They are so much better on road than the KO2s, it's a revelation. They are severe snow rated as well. I'd probably try these on the Rivian before the KO2s for my needs.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Another option to consider: I recently switched the 4Runner to the new BFG Trail Terrain T/A tires.
These are on my 2003 Tacoma. They are the new version of the OEM Rugged Trails that originally came on my truck. Great tires. Especially with white letters on the sidewall lol.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Very curious as to what the range hit is. I've had these on a few vehicles prior (including the TJ in my profile) and they have been tremendous - quiet, capable, durable, and reasonably priced for what they are. They look baller too.

OP
OP

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
I am in Utah too. What shop did the install for you?
Discount tire in Orem….they didnt have the pucks, but I have a set.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

The KO2's look great! I have some input on range on more aggressive AT tires. I have Cooper AT3's Discovery in the OEM sizes and they weigh 11lbs more each (I weighed both). Here is the interesting side note. On the Coopers the operational pressure range is up to 80PSI and it's 50PSI on the Scorpions.

I have a test freeway track (55 miles with some grade and flat) that I do efficiency testing on. The AT3's lost about 4% on efficiency at 50PSI, BUT at 65PSI this dropped to 2%. Just finished a 900 mile road trip with them and they did work out to about 2% less efficiency, which I can absolutely deal with. Great BFG tire though! Sorry for the slight hi-jack.
Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T jack pucks com 1
Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_0267
Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_0268 (1)
Sponsored