Sponsored

JF-R1T

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just took delivery of a Black R1T with the Xpel stealth wrap. I wanted the offroad package but Rivian wouldn't let me swap since the build was locked - so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to Thuren Wheels with BFG KO2s (295/65/R20) aftermarket. Don was super helpful / responsive. Pics attached in standard height.

Rivian R1T R1S Black R1T with Stealth Wrap + Thuren Wheels + BFG KO2s (295/65/R20) Tires R1T v1

Rivian R1T R1S Black R1T with Stealth Wrap + Thuren Wheels + BFG KO2s (295/65/R20) Tires R1T v2

Rivian R1T R1S Black R1T with Stealth Wrap + Thuren Wheels + BFG KO2s (295/65/R20) Tires R1T v3
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Love it!

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just took delivery of a Black R1T with the Xpel stealth wrap. I wanted the offroad package but Rivian wouldn't let me swap since the build was locked - so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to Thuren Wheels with BFG KO2s (295/65/R20) aftermarket. Don was super helpful / responsive. Pics attached in standard height.

R1T v1.jpg

R1T v2.jpg

R1T v3.jpg
Did you consider KO3s?

OP
OP

JF-R1T

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you consider KO3s?
I didn’t although I assume they’re great as well. I just went with the largest tire Thuren recommended for soft sand - I believe they had these KO2s on their test vehicle for a while. I liked the look of the larger tire and was less worried about range impact. I plan to switch back to OEM in the off season.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

🔥

With that tire size, I’m curious if you noticed any rubbing at any of the heights?

OP
OP

JF-R1T

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
🔥

With that tire size, I’m curious if you noticed any rubbing at any of the heights?
I will let you know - just picked it up yesterday. The vehicle can “kneel” with no issues - my understanding is that it may have very occasional rub when driving at the lowest ride height + bumps. That said, I don’t plan on that sort of driving when these tires / wheels are on the truck. I have a 100 mile drive tomorrow evening - so will post any updates after that.

Sponsored

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I think that's the lure of the Thuren's - they are narrower than stock and more tucked in, allowing a larger tire with less rubbing potential.

BTW, love the setup.

twvette

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@twvette has the Thurens with 35” Wildpeaks for a year now. Maybe he could give an update on experience with a similar setup.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ildpeak-r-t-tires-on-glacier-white-r1s.16458/
Zero rub on my setup. I even just had to go take another look at my fender wells for anything I might have missed hearing and no signs of rub anywhere. I have been running Standard height with the old Soft or new Mid firmness setting 98% of time for last year, but have thrown it into corners at speed in Sport mode Lowest too no issues a few times and taken road trips in Low setting over pot holes and g-outs. I have also had multiple tires off the ground with others compressed hard rock crawling off road in High setting a couple times and no rub anywhere. I just have not been able to get it to rub in any normal or typical off-road use case.
Sponsored