Sponsored

"Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update. Anyone else?

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
"Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update.

I started getting this error after the mid November failed and then corrected vehicle update. All my keys seem to work just fine though. Key fob, phones, and key cards.

I put in a service ticket to see if there was a known bug. We did a hard reboot and it's still showing every time I "start" the truck. They want it taken to the service center, rather than mobile, which unfortunately is 3 hours each away.

Anyone else run into this and know what the fix was? Hoping to avoid an unnecessary trip for what appears to be a false error. TIA

Rivian R1T R1S "Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update. Anyone else? PXL_20231117_014302746
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have the same issue (R1S). It started after a failed update and that also caused the phone as a key to no longer work. After the most recent update, my wife's phone works as a key, but mine does not.

We have an appointment in 2 weeks at the service center. I am not sure which service center you would go to, but Costa Mesa's first available appointment is March 14!!!! This will be Rivian's Achilles heel.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Have you tried "forgetting" your phone(s) and "re-pairing"?

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
San Jose is my closest. They had an opening for last week but was inconvenient timing for my schedule and the fact that the truck seems otherwise unaffected, I took one out in late January.

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Have you tried "forgetting" your phone(s) and "re-pairing"?
I haven't though it's definitely worth a shot. Probably show do it to both my phones and the key fob...

Sponsored

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
I have the same issue (R1S). It started after a failed update and that also caused the phone as a key to no longer work. After the most recent update, my wife's phone works as a key, but mine does not.

We have an appointment in 2 weeks at the service center. I am not sure which service center you would go to, but Costa Mesa's first available appointment is March 14!!!! This will be Rivian's Achilles heel.
I have the same issue, my PAAK does not work, but wife's does. Trying to find a fix remotely with Rivian as my R1S is outside U.S.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

"Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update.

I started getting this error after the mid November failed and then corrected vehicle update. All my keys seem to work just fine though. Key fob, phones, and key cards.

I put in a service ticket to see if there was a known bug. We did a hard reboot and it's still showing every time I "start" the truck. They want it taken to the service center, rather than mobile, which unfortunately is 3 hours each away.

Anyone else run into this and know what the fix was? Hoping to avoid an unnecessary trip for what appears to be a false error. TIA

PXL_20231117_014302746.jpg
I get the same error most times I get in. The phone/BT key opens the doors just fine. I usually have phone & fob so not sure which is throwing the error, nor why it lets me drive even though some part of the truck thinks it shouldn't be working. Never had the failed update, got it late and it went through fine.

Given the sorry state of the Service Centers, I'm definitely not going to donate my T to their parking lot for a week while they [do nothing] and [lie to me about doing nothing] just for this phantom error.

Hope to see someone else with a non-gaslighting SC get a fix and tell us about it!

BRIDGETOWN

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 4Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Architect
I had the same issue and when I was at the service center today in Tualatin, OR. the tech told me that my R1S had a blown fuse and he couldn't use the credit card to operate my car. He said that the fuse is embeded in the door handle so the door handle is going to be replaced under warrantee. They have ordered the part and will install a new handle before the end of the year.

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
I had the same issue and when I was at the service center today in Tualatin, OR. the tech told me that my R1S had a blown fuse and he couldn't use the credit card to operate my car. He said that the fuse is embeded in the door handle so the door handle is going to be replaced under warrantee. They have ordered the part and will install a new handle before the end of the year.
That's excellent intel. I'll double check my card and make sure SC considers ordering the parts before I drop it off next month.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Let's embed a fusible link into the door handle so if it blows you #1 cant use your RFID card to get in the vehicle, #2 need to replace the entire assembly if the fuse blows.

And some people wonder why many of us have already mentioned they don't intend to own this vehicle after the B-to-B warranty expires.

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Update: Double checked my credit card shaped key still works just fine...

BRIDGETOWN

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 4Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Architect
The service center replaced my door handle yesterday and everything is working normally again. They did a great job with factory matched door handle and it was covered under the warranty.

zigzagzap

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial
The service center replaced my door handle yesterday and everything is working normally again. They did a great job with factory matched door handle and it was covered under the warranty.
I just started having the same issue. I am thankful for the post since I educated the service support people about a possible solution.
I sent a picture of the on-screen error and my phone's failed Bluetooth connection screenshot, but they still required me to go through the reset diagnostics, which did not correct the problem. The on-screen error should have been enough to identify the issue, but that was not sufficient. They also required me to make a video of the keycards and fobs by the door handle to prove my claim before allowing me to make an appointment.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
@EveryAmp: It's been 3 1/2 months since your original post - can you give us an update? Is it fixed for you now, and what did the problem turn out to be?
Sponsored