Sponsored

"Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update. Anyone else?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Not sure about @EveryAmp but my fix was a replacement of the bluetooth sensors at the rear of the vehicle. The service center determined that was the issue, so they replaced them and I have not had the issue since.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
@EveryAmp: It's been 3 1/2 months since your original post - can you give us an update? Is it fixed for you now, and what did the problem turn out to be?
Thanks for the reminder! Yes got it all sorted out at the service center. The Bluetooth antenna module had an internal fault. They had the part ready and was a quick fix at the San Jose Service Center.
Here's the work order too:
Rivian R1T R1S "Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update. Anyone else? 1710969725376-z0

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Thanks - that's useful information!

zigzagzap

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial
@EveryAmp: It's been 3 1/2 months since your original post - can you give us an update? Is it fixed for you now, and what did the problem turn out to be?
Thanks for the update @EveryAmp and @Ladiver . My R1S is currently at a SC for a similar issue/repair which started around the time of a successful vehicle software update (24.07.02). None of my key cards or key fobs work via Bluetooth, even when held at the door handle for 8 seconds.

The Bluetooth connectivity error also affected the onboard air compressor in the rear cargo region. The SC stated that it was a known issue and verified the blown door handle fuse by noting the onboard air compressor was also affected (inoperable). Both are on the same circuit. I am currently waiting for my door handle replacement.

I had an additional issue that affected my phone's ability to connect via Bluetooth. I was told this was a separate issue that may be related to a bug in the latest software. Various attempts at the SC failed to correct this issue.

Rivian R1T R1S "Bluetooth key access unavailable" error after failed vehicle update. Anyone else? IMG_2817

edited for grammar :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RumAmuk

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have had this exact same problem for months now. Key card always opens vehicle and starts the car. But the phone opens is highly variable. Usually opens the car and if I get in and quickly put the car into gear usually starts the car. But any delay or if I get out of the car (to grab the mail for example) and get back in - I can only get the car moving again with key card. Remote services has been by twice - once to try a firmware update and the other to try a bluetooth module update. Car is not fixed.

I have a SC appointment later in the month - but it seems like they have a serious bug and they don't know what it is. Everything worked fine until it didn't - my problem does not seem to be related to a SW update.

Sponsored

Moeshorzon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
For those that have had this fixed, can you advise as to whether it was something the SC was able to take care of same day while you waited? Or did you have to leave the car for some time?

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Thanks for the update @EveryAmp and @Ladiver . My R1S is currently at a SC for a similar issue/repair which started around the time of a successful vehicle software update (24.07.02). None of my key cards or key fobs work via Bluetooth, even when held at the door handle for 8 seconds.

The Bluetooth connectivity error also affected the onboard air compressor in the rear cargo region. The SC stated that it was a known issue and verified the blown door handle fuse by noting the onboard air compressor was also affected (inoperable). Both are on the same circuit. I am currently waiting for my door handle replacement.

I had an additional issue that affected my phone's ability to connect via Bluetooth. I was told this was a separate issue that may be related to a bug in the latest software. Various attempts at the SC failed to correct this issue.

IMG_2817.jpg

edited for grammar :rolleyes:
Did they give you any more info on your phone not being able to connect and correlation to the latest update?

Fairly certain I'm experiencing this issue. After the 2024.11.2 update my phone app stopped being able to manage the truck features or unlock through the app, but would show correct status info.

In troubleshooting I removed my PaaK to re-add it but it just times out during the actual bluetooth connection/prompt step. Never had this issue before when having to re-pair my PaaK....
Sponsored