Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I wonder if a sensor on the DF got tweaked while the truck was trying to compensate for the blown strut on the PF?
That is my hope, ie some calibration or something can fix this. No follow up so far from service or anyone, will update when I know more. Hopefully a mobile service appointment can fix it
Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

9/15 update. I have a working truck… too bad it isn’t mine.

Headed back to Bellevue today. No word so far on what they plan on doing to fix it but they may not know. Fingers crossed they get it right this time.

At least I got a Rivian loaner this time, which they towed down and swapped out. I was clear though that an Enterprise rental wasn’t going to work this time because I have vet appointments I need to be able to get to.

Rivian R1T R1S Broken Suspension on R1T 😫 during PNW Rivian group trip: WA BDR. EF8AC850-E687-40D8-A1CB-0EF8D7229C30

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

9/20 Update: So they have isolated the problem to the front valve block assembly, a fault there was preventing air from getting to at least the DF side. Also they see some faults in the compressor so they are going to replace that as well to avoid it failing in the future.

They are waiting on the parts for those repairs, sounds like next week at the earliest.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

9/20 Update: So they have isolated the problem to the front valve block assembly, a fault there was preventing air from getting to at least the DF side. Also they see some faults in the compressor so they are going to replace that as well to avoid it failing in the future.

They are waiting on the parts for those repairs, sounds like next week at the earliest.
Is the white loaner (which looks great btw) a later VIN than yours? also how many miles and hows it drive in comparison to yours when everything was good?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Is the white loaner (which looks great btw) a later VIN than yours? also how many miles and hows it drive in comparison to yours when everything was good?
Haha no. It is VIN XXX0213 with around 3k miles. Has some bad panel gaps, bad FE alignment and also the fan in the front makes some odd noises on startup. Actually a lot of the same issues I had gotten corrected on my truck (minus the fan noise).

That said still better than anything Enterprise would have given me and the white does look great, stays looking cleaner too I think.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Haha no. It is VIN XXX0213 with around 3k miles. Has some bad panel gaps, bad FE alignment and also the fan in the front makes some odd noises on startup. Actually a lot of the same issues I had gotten corrected on my truck (minus the fan noise).

That said still better than anything Enterprise would have given me and the white does look great, stays looking cleaner too I think.
JFC dude! You have been through the ringer and back. I hope it gets a whole lot better down the road, so to speak.

jamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Limestone Forest Edge 20 AT
I've sadly joined the club of owners with suspension issues. Front passenger, which seems to be the weak link, just doesn't work. In standard mode, it sits about half an inch from the outer wheel well, in "High" it's about 1.25" vs 4.5" for the other wheels.

Ticket submitted with pics, hopefully they'll pick it up (I ain't driving it even the 25 mins to the SC) and fix it. Thanks to the OP for giving me a list of things I'll ask them to check, which for those interested in a summary are:

• leak in passenger front damper
  • front valve block assembly fault, preventing air from getting to at least the DF side
  • faults in the compressor
Unlike the OP, my truck is less than a week old, with just 60 miles on it, zero adventures. Sniff ;(

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've sadly joined the club of owners with suspension issues. Front passenger, which seems to be the weak link, just doesn't work. In standard mode, it sits about half an inch from the outer wheel well, in "High" it's about 1.25" vs 4.5" for the other wheels.

Ticket submitted with pics, hopefully they'll pick it up (I ain't driving it even the 25 mins to the SC) and fix it. Thanks to the OP for giving me a list of things I'll ask them to check, which for those interested in a summary are:

• leak in passenger front damper
  • front valve block assembly fault, preventing air from getting to at least the DF side
  • faults in the compressor
Unlike the OP, my truck is less than a week old, with just 60 miles on it, zero adventures. Sniff ;(
Bummer… Good news is they will fix it, and likely be more than willing to pick it up If you don’t want to drive it like that.

I am supposed to get my truck back this week…. 🤞

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

So quick update for anyone following.

I was driving my truck around yesterday and it seems like the DF side suspension is still broken, I don’t think it is a leak like the PF was but when I try to raise the ride height It tries for a few minutes until it eventually fails and disables multiple features on the truck (changing drive modes, ADAS, LKAS, auto high beams, etc).

So basically it seems like they changed at major suspension component (PF damper) and then didn’t even bother to check if the suspension was working afterwords…. :facepalm:
thats what i was wondering. how much did they test the suspension after their work? i mean it breaks right after its dropped off? yeah, its nice they dropped it off but itd be nicer if they fixed and checked the fix. Rivian focusing on the wrong things here.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

thats what i was wondering. how much did they test the suspension after their work? i mean it breaks right after its dropped off? yeah, its nice they dropped it off but itd be nicer if they fixed and checked the fix. Rivian focusing on the wrong things here.
Yeah that was a bummer. It didn't break right away they just did a partial fix. If you kept it in low you might not have noticed if you didn't drive it more than a few minutes.

Don't have my truck back but I see they are being more thorough this time around. Testing and pre-emptively changing the compressor along with the valve block they found was not working. I'd have it back already but they had to order a body part I asked them to replace.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Sorry JJ.

Looking forward to your forthcoming Moab aggro OR trip report in the loaner R1T.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

What'd ya break this time? 😋
Oh nothing, just had them replace the cladding from when I clipped that tree SW of Bend. Haven’t really had any chance to break anything new since Rivian has had the truck for most of the time since Labor Day (Minus the week when they sent it back to me with the suspension still broken)

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Oh nothing, just had them replace the cladding from when I clipped that tree SW of Bend. Haven’t really had any chance to break anything new since Rivian has had the truck for most of the time since Labor Day (Minus the week when they sent it back to me with the suspension still broken)
The man, the myth, the Legend!

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

She’s home and it goes up and down again… only took a month. Hoping no more service needs for a while 🤞

Rivian R1T R1S Broken Suspension on R1T 😫 during PNW Rivian group trip: WA BDR. 19843100-314C-4A17-8086-7C0DA02798D7
Sponsored