Sponsored

Camera rain solution?

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I’ve tried RainX and a ceramic bonding but nothing keeps rain off the front and rear cameras. Are there any other products to try?
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I have the same problem you do. I wonder if we can get some aftermarket little awning to put over the top of the camera if that will help, or being able to switch to the bed camera which is coming from what I gather.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I’ve tried RainX and a ceramic bonding but nothing keeps rain off the front and rear cameras. Are there any other products to try?
I would be weary of putting ceramic coating on the camera lenses (as it’s hard to remove). My Tesla had this done with a whole body ceramic and I have a feeling as the ceramic coating has aged it’s hazed the lenses and is more likely to catch a sun reflection / obscuring the cameras. Im sure there’s a solution to remove the coating, I haven’t looked into it.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

I have the same problem you do. I wonder if we can get some aftermarket little awning to put over the top of the camera if that will help, or being able to switch to the bed camera which is coming from what I gather.
An awning will not help, it’s so bad in the back because this is where the vortex of wind comes off your vehicle. The water will whisp in backwards as it comes off the underside of your vehicle.

They make aftermarket hydrophobic covers for other vehicles. I am hoping that will happen soon for rivians.

being In the northwest I have learned to just run my finger over the lens when I walk by the back of the truck
Sponsored