First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
I "forget" my camp speaker in bluetooth on my phone so this doesn't happen. I re-pair when I want to use it. It is an odd accessory that was well-intentioned but cumbersome for most. I'd rather have locking storage.
Sponsored

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
I've had mobile service out 3 times for this issue. Tech was even able to duplicate it on his own phone. He called engineering at Rivain, wrote it all up and nada. It's been months. Rivian doesn't give a crap about the camp speaker. But RJ is always listening and cherishes our input.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Added my service ticket today…it keeps stealing my calls and constant ba-doink…

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

How about a detailed process to gut the camp speaker and convert it to a storage box? Maybe even a kit with instructions! Hey JR, are you listening? I will pay money for such.

Lesyo64

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Accord hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Hello!

I've noticed that when my truck goes to sleep, whatever connection that tells the camp speaker it's docked gets turned off. This makes the speaker think it's been undocked and wakes the speaker, which steals audio from my phone randomly all the time while I'm just in the house. I go in and out of range of the truck all the time so it's pretty constant. I've got the no-lock at home thing enabled, but that doesn't prevent the truck from coming in and out of its deep sleep all the time.

Anyone else?

And I report bugs here vs open a ticket because I've had better results with bug fixes and new features here (and others here who help affirm issues like these) compared to opening ticket at a service center that doesn't have developers on hand... :p
I actually created a ticket on this many months ago. The Las Vegas sc hadn't heard of this problem then and couldn't reproduce it. I regularly put the truck in camp mode and still have the docked speaker Bluetooth to my phone. I can't tell you how many times I've unpaired the camp speaker. I've also had problems with the speaker staying on and not recharging thus, dead speaker just when I want to use it! Did you know that, when dead, the speaker won't dock and charge? I had to recharge with a phone charger enough so it would dock. The latest customer manual omitted the speaker battery check proceedure (I couldn't find it). I have another ticket open for the San Diego SC. Let's see what they will do.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I had the same problem this weekend when camping in Camp mode. The docked speaker started making its "connect" bong every 15-20 seconds. I was in my tent trying to sleep. Locking the car seemed to stop it and I fell asleep.

When I got home, I started unpacking the truck and the speaker (still docked) started bonging again every 15 (or so) seconds. I did a soft-reset vs factory-reset (see attached photo) and the bonging has stopped.

I don't think this is a priority for Rivian to track down and fix. Some of service center folks know about it and some don't. Most think it just the nature of Bluetooth. I think the soft-reset is something I'll just need to do occasionally.

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Speaker Wakes When Truck Sleeps camp speaker reset

PhiltheCasual

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just put a piece of tape over the charging contacts and called it a day... After heavy use I bring it in to charge via usb-c anyway.
Sponsored