First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
if they can actually build it and make it affordable (stay at $35k), then i think there is a market for it. most people can't afford a Rivian, Tesla or many of the EVs being offered right now.
This guys gets it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
if they can actually build it and make it affordable (stay at $35k), then i think there is a market for it. most people can't afford a Rivian, Tesla or many of the EVs being offered right now.
I'm guessing they can't.

Even Tesla couldn't make a $35k Model 3 work, despite economies of scale, the ability to amortize R&D and overhead over a much larger number of units, and additional higher-margin models to carry the load.

OP
OP
R1Sky Business

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm guessing they can't.

Even Tesla couldn't make a $35k Model 3 work, despite economies of scale, the ability to amortize R&D and overhead over a much larger number of units, and additional higher-margin models to carry the load.
Well said

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
I think they’ll get people to pay more through the various options/modules(?)/configurations. It might end up costing more but on the ither hand, that might also allow people to upgrade incrementally?

Sponsored

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
Yea I'd love to see them succeed but I'm not holding my breath. I have preorders for both as well and looks is very subjective. I personally like the unique look vs the same thing everyone else has been rehashing for decades.
I pre-ordered the truck hoping they can pull it off. The modular concept (if I understood their design correctly 😊) sounds like the vehicle can be very functional. As far as cost, a few hundreds here and there can quickly add up. As far as being plug and play modules, and parts, and accessories (if that’s what it is and can really be implemented reliably), it looks good on paper but will be a challenge. I hope it can be done. Sounds fun and utility.

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
I'm guessing they can't.

Based on Tesla last numbers... they can make a $35k M3 work... they would just rather make more money. :)

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
I pre-ordered the truck hoping they can pull it off. The modular concept (if I understood their design correctly 😊) sounds like the vehicle can be very functional. As far as cost, a few hundreds here and there can quickly add up. As far as being plug and play modules, and parts, and accessories (if that’s what it is and can really be implemented reliably), it looks good on paper but will be a challenge. I hope it can be done. Sounds fun and utility.
It's very utilitarian. I think the truck would be great for lugging around my mountain bikes or even a portable jobsite or pop-up Espresso stand.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I have an early deposit on both. I love the pickup concept the best.

You can clearly see the design inspiration. It‘s a 21st century take of a 1960s air-cooled VW pickup truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Canoo Truck/Van EDDE43E2-FD1D-4E65-85B5-E1B6F3BCBE35

Rivian R1T R1S Canoo Truck/Van E56AB94A-A821-4C63-BD57-FBA366D518AA

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
The van seats, especially the 2 outboard one have barely any "ass" comfort. And I am not very sure about sitting with your back stuck firm to the door, a side hit and the vehicle won't be the only thing that needs bolts and rods to fix. But I like the idea.

Sponsored

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIVIAN, 12 Azure Transit Connect, 2018 ENV200
Occupation
Engineering TECH
Love the van, but like RICH REBUILDS says, 2039---I have a reserve on one, but I think I'll get the Ford Transit before....I really dig the CANOO, and really really hope they can get up and running, would be awsome for US car manufacturing to bounce back!

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIVIAN, 12 Azure Transit Connect, 2018 ENV200
Occupation
Engineering TECH
well, the fire breathing BOLT is a good alternative...

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
well, the fire breathing BOLT is a good alternative...
Speaking of fire breathing Bolts here's one that torched in my parking garage this week.

Rivian R1T R1S Canoo Truck/Van 20220425_120745

Last edited: