Sponsored

Canoo Truck/Van

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

What are your thoughts on the CANOO vehicles?
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
What are your thoughts on the CANOO vehicles?
I think their designers must have competing with Tesla cybertruck design team for the honor of ugliest concept vehicle ever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Sky Business

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I think their designers must have competing with Tesla cybertruck design team for the honor of ugliest concept vehicle ever.
The truck or the van? Both?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Love them, pulling for the company as well. I have preorders on the van and truck.
Yea I'd love to see them succeed but I'm not holding my breath. I have preorders for both as well and looks is very subjective. I personally like the unique look vs the same thing everyone else has been rehashing for decades.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

They are so quirky that I think they are cool. I especially like the truck, reminds me of the old cabover truck designs.

I’ll admit the design took some time to grow on me, but I think it is reminiscent of many other vehicles that have cult followings: VW vans/campers, Mitsubishi Delica, VW Beetle, etc. Their market is really on fleet and small business (food truck, farm truck, catering delivery), and the design of these is a good fit for that. I think there could be enough demand they could carve a niche out

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

IMO this is the problem with canoo, truck is 2 dr, van is weird seating. Some concepts are cool but they started with zero tech (bring your own device), low HP and subscription model. Now they have a screen to the left side of steering, more HP, and standard selling model. I get trying to sell to what people want but the vehicles was designed on a different business model that had to adapt to how they can appeal to the market. It started as an urban shuttle, then after rivian got movement they changed the same design to be an off-roader.

note: I had no idea I didn’t like canoo until I wrote this post. 😂

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I know it’s a polarizing design, but the cab forward design on a pickup actually makes for a much more functional vehicle. You maximize cab and bed space. On the other hand, as a former owner of a Honda Element I also fully understand the eternal battle between form and function.

I’m rooting for them, but I doubt Canoo will ever produce anything.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I know it’s a polarizing design, but the cab forward design on a pickup actually makes for a much more functional vehicle. You maximize cab and bed space. On the other hand, as a former owner of a Honda Element I also fully understand the eternal battle between form and function.

I’m rooting for them, but I doubt Canoo will ever produce anything.
I'd love to see a cab-forward two-seater pickup design, but I realized that's more like a delivery truck with an open bed instead of boxed up.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

CANOO has been selected to transport astronauts for NASA.

Its only $150K contract but the publicity will only help them more than a commercial.

Sponsored