Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Environmental
Clubs

“Check suspension soon” warning comes on sporadically. Next available time for service is May — which is crazy. Anyone have similar warnings but continue to drive until can get into service?
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
“Check suspension soon” warning comes on sporadically. Next available time for service is May — which is crazy. Anyone have similar warnings but continue to drive until can get into service?
Check the suspension connections. They may be loose.

J-Flo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
How does one “check the suspension connections”? My R1S had an air hose blow off on my third drive, causing suspension failure (the truck sat on the bottom of its travel, but was still driveable with care in order to get it home; felt like I was on a 4x4 road). To diagnose and fix the problem, the repairman had to disassemble the rear of the vehicle.

KnightRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi TTS
I had this error with a bunch of other faults (lost all sensors, lane departure and other ADAS features) when I left the vehicle in sub-zero temps here in Chicago multiple times last week. All errors vanished once the vehicle woke up from deep sleep in the garage but reappeared within few min of driving in sub zero temps. Another peculiar observation is the errors only hit when in snow mode. I have a service ticket with appointment coming up in 3 weeks. Capture your diagnostics (press and hold profile name) when you see the error again. Avoid using kneel mode / lower ride heights so you are not stuck with low ride heights until SC figures it out for you.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How does one “check the suspension connections”? My R1S had an air hose blow off on my third drive, causing suspension failure (the truck sat on the bottom of its travel, but was still driveable with care in order to get it home; felt like I was on a 4x4 road). To diagnose and fix the problem, the repairman had to disassemble the rear of the vehicle.
There are electrical connectors at all four corners that allow for control signals to the individual suspension components. These connectors have been loose in other vehicles with similar, intermittent, faults. Just check to see if they can be snapped together more firmly.

Sponsored

babalegba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Experienced this a few weeks ago. Had to join the exit ramp earlier than normal due to congestion. Slow speed on the Rumble Strips really pissed off the suspension and I got the message. It wouldn't go away for half a day.

A system restart fixed everything and it hasn't come back since.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
Capture your diagnostics (press and hold profile name) when you see the error again.
um, ok. this is a new one for me... And the Rivian call center agents have never mentioned this when I had some error lights pop up... how is this different than hitting the 4-way flasher switch?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
um, ok. this is a new one for me... And the Rivian call center agents have never mentioned this when I had some error lights pop up... how is this different than hitting the 4-way flasher switch?
It doesn't activate the hazards.

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
KnightRider,

I started a thread on the exact same issue as you: Warning lights that go away by themselves

Please let us know what you find out from the SC. I'm reluctant to schedule an appointment since it's so intermittent and don't want my time wasted with a "cannot reproduce" response.

Brian

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I had this error with a bunch of other faults (lost all sensors, lane departure and other ADAS features) when I left the vehicle in sub-zero temps here in Chicago multiple times last week. All errors vanished once the vehicle woke up from deep sleep in the garage but reappeared within few min of driving in sub zero temps. Another peculiar observation is the errors only hit when in snow mode. I have a service ticket with appointment coming up in 3 weeks. Capture your diagnostics (press and hold profile name) when you see the error again. Avoid using kneel mode / lower ride heights so you are not stuck with low ride heights until SC figures it out for you.
Did the SC fix your issue? If so, what did they have to do?

Thanks!

Sponsored

KnightRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi TTS
Yes, issue was fixed. They detected moisture build up in the suspension system which would freeze in subzero temperatures causing compressor to stop working. This was caused by a faulty compressor and seals. They replaced the compressor and its seals.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Yes, issue was fixed. They detected moisture build up in the suspension system which would freeze in subzero temperatures causing compressor to stop working. This was caused by a faulty compressor and seals. They replaced the compressor and its seals.
I am wondering about the desiccant in the compressors and if it can be or should be replaced at some intervals to prevent just this problem....
Sponsored