Sponsored

Closing charge port door is a pain -- Am I missing something?

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I'm one of those people who like to charge (almost) daily to 70%. Every evening, I go out to unplug my car and it bugs me that I have to unlock it, close the charge port door, and re-lock it each night. Am I missing something? Is there some way to close the charge port door while the truck is locked? I can open everything EXCEPT the charge port via the app.
I don’t know if someone answered this but if you plug in again then unplug the charging hatch closes.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
First, there is no reason to unplug it before you are ready to go somewhere. If the truck is secure at home (ie in a garage, then you have the option to leave it unlocked.
Finally, you have to unlock to unplug anyway (security feature). The charge port cover can be closed via the sensor on the wheel cover right next to the charge port….how is that too much trouble for you since you unlocked the vehicle to unplug it and the sensor is literally about 6” from the port cover?!
You don't have to unlock it to unplug it if it's done charging.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I wonder if there was a not advertised change in the latest update...We keep our R1S in the garage unlocked and charge it every 2-3 days. In the past I'd unplug Rosey and then open the driver's door to wake her up and then I could close the charging port (I don't like leaving it open because I'm afraid the charge port door will catch on something as I carry things past it). This morning when I unplugged her the light around the charging port stayed on and I was able to use the touch sensor to close the charging port door WITHOUT waking her up. I even went to the driver's side and looked in to confirm that I didn't wake her.

Anyone else notice a change like that? I'll be charging again tonight (big trip tomorrow so we'll charge to 90% instead of our usual 75%) and will pay attention when I unplug her in the morning. I did not have my phone or the fob with me when I was out there.

redantpile

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 EDGE, 2023 R1S red adventure 20"
Occupation
Retired telephone engineer
Clubs

I wonder if there was a not advertised change in the latest update...We keep our R1S in the garage unlocked and charge it every 2-3 days. In the past I'd unplug Rosey and then open the driver's door to wake her up and then I could close the charging port (I don't like leaving it open because I'm afraid the charge port door will catch on something as I carry things past it). This morning when I unplugged her the light around the charging port stayed on and I was able to use the touch sensor to close the charging port door WITHOUT waking her up. I even went to the driver's side and looked in to confirm that I didn't wake her.

Anyone else notice a change like that? I'll be charging again tonight (big trip tomorrow so we'll charge to 90% instead of our usual 75%) and will pay attention when I unplug her in the morning. I did not have my phone or the fob with me when I was out there.
Mine has worked that way since I bought it in June.
Sponsored