Sponsored

Colorado 20” AT spare - group buy - CLOSED

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Colorado,

I’m looking to lead a group buy for a 20“ spare.

https://rivian.com/gear-shop/p/20-in-all-terrain-wheel-and-tire-set

This would be for the standard All-Terrain wheel and tire. I’ll trigger the buy at myself plus two. I’d purchase the set and either deliver reasonably with CO or you could pickup from Highlands Ranch.
Sponsored

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
I'll join in. It's been a year now without a spare, and I'm tired of waiting and always being paranoid to go off road. Need a jack and pucks too.

OP
OP
josephponline

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'll join in. It's been a year now without a spare, and I'm tired of waiting and always being paranoid to go off road. Need a jack and pucks too.
I hear you. I've ordered the jack and puck set from EV1 ... so I just need the wheel now. I'm somewhat hopeful the spare gets announced in the store over the next week or so.

One more and I'll trigger the buy.

R1z

First Name
R1z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White Adv | R1T Forest Green Adv
Clubs

I’m in. Let’s do this. Just can’t drive these roads without a spare.
-A.

OP
OP
josephponline

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Perfect. That’s three. I’ll trigger the buy.

I’m actually picking up my R1T tomorrow at the Denver SC and will order direct from them in the AM. I’ll direct message you both @R1z and @PoorDick once I get a confirmed delivery date and we can coordinate handover and payment. Split even it looks like $1,035 +taxes.

Still room for one more of anyone else is interested.

Reactions: R1z

Sponsored

OP
OP
josephponline

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Update:

Buy confirmed. Estimated pickup from Denver Service Center 03/21 ... probably earlier according to the guide.

Still looking for a 4th buyer to join the mix.

Mudhen422

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Hey Joseph, I’m in! I was actually going to do the same on my own! We took delivery last week and I was trying to figure out how to get a spare sooner rather than later. Thanks for putting this together. Any thoughts on how to secure it in the bed since we likely wont get the additional hardware for mounting it in the spare tire are below the bed? Also, any chance you could ask if they could ship mine to the service center in Las Vegas? I have family in Denver so we can make it work if not but it would definitely save me some logistics if they could just send 3 to Denver and one to Vegas.
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado 20” AT spare - group buy - CLOSED D18B48BA-85C7-4198-ACD9-D5164C552A69

OP
OP
josephponline

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hey Joseph, I’m in! I was actually going to do the same on my own! We took delivery last week and I was trying to figure out how to get a spare sooner rather than later. Thanks for putting this together. Any thoughts on how to secure it in the bed since we likely wont get the additional hardware for mounting it in the spare tire are below the bed? Also, any chance you could ask if they could ship mine to the service center in Las Vegas? I have family in Denver so we can make it work if not but it would definitely save me some logistics if they could just send 3 to Denver and one to Vegas.
And now we are 4.

@Mudhen422 I will reach out to my guide today and ask if they can break up the shipment. At this point we have an estimated pickup from Denver Service Center 03/21. The guide said it may even be earlier.

Regarding your question on securing the wheel. Personally I was going to experiment as I’ll be trying to secure the EV1 Bottle Jack as well as pucks, breaker bar and torque wrench all in the same area. Depending on how it all fits probably some foam packing or to try and find an aftermarket bolt that fits the receiver thread.

Hopefully someone who has already done this might chime in here.

R1z

First Name
R1z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White Adv | R1T Forest Green Adv
Clubs

I *know* I saw a post here (I think) a month or so ago where someone got an aftermarket wheel that fits R1T and secured it properly in the bed. Cannot for the life of me find it again!

was a simple piece of wood, with a hand-screw-down nut. Will keep looking.

D18B48BA-85C7-4198-ACD9-D5164C552A69.jpeg

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
If there's a 20" A/T spare for me, I'm in!

OP
OP
josephponline

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@MTStuart … sorry man, all wheels accounted for on this buy.

I was surprised at how easy it was to put together the buy and pickup, and I think there’s still a lot of interest so I don’t think you’d have any trouble putting together another group.
Sponsored

Last edited: