Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That would be cool if it ended up with both.

Official confirmation these are magic dock equipped:

Image 3-19-24 at 11.28 AM.jpeg

https://www.plugshare.com/location/598380
The nice thing about Magic Dock stations now is you can hold the button on the adapter for 2s, I think, and it'll release. Then with the Plug and Charge the Rivian and F-150 have you can just plug in and not worry about using the Tesla app. So activation of Magic Dock is *much* easier now.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The nice thing about Magic Dock stations now is you can hold the button on the adapter for 2s, I think, and it'll release. Then with the Plug and Charge the Rivian and F-150 have you can just plug in and not worry about using the Tesla app. So activation of Magic Dock is *much* easier now.
So the 2s is true, but you have to initially push the plug *up* and then pull it out. The Buc-ee's station looked like it was going to work today, but it kept showing Update Payment In App and cycling over and over. Problem is I do have payment in the app because the RAN worked on the way home after that. So I'm assuming Plug And Charge is not active on those superchargers yet. Absolutely nuts how many cars were at that place too. Also...shame to the Tesla driver that was parked at the supercharger while eating in his car without charging.......all the while only 4 dispensers were accessible due to construction blocking the others. On the plus side, I was able to pull into a single stall with Teslas on either side and I could angle a little bit and managed to plug in without blocking a second stall. I think they installed the dispensers more centered in the spot than normal V3 stations do, but it works (barely) for the R1.

Edit: On the other hand, I just saw OoS Kyle posted a Story on FB yesterday showing PnC working on hist truck at Buc-ee's. So now I'm really confused.

Edit2: Last week I was able to Plug and Charge at the Thornton Magic Dock station near I-25 and 104th. Everything "Just Worked!"

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I was up in Cheyenne today and stopped by the new RAN station to top off while I grabbed some lunch. It’s not that close to I-25 or I-80, but there are a bunch of food and/ or shopping options while you are there. Also has 2 pull through chargers for those of you pulling trailers!

Notable - Cheyenne might have the last indoor mall in America. I went inside and felt like I was transported back to the 80s/ 90s. I bought myself a gyro (greek taco) at the food court. :cool:

As you can see, not another Rivian in sight.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_0168

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_0170

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1711749031502-jf

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1711749016279-z1

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1711749023830-1v

I've tried 5 times.... It's won't let me get rid of the extra 2 gifs.

Sponsored

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
I'm just not interested in the Tesla plug and charge until it honors the Tesla membership pricing. I feel there's been very little coverage of that detail.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
I'm just not interested in the Tesla plug and charge until it honors the Tesla membership pricing. I feel there's been very little coverage of that detail.
My understanding is that we can buy Tesla member pricing at the same monthly price that Tesla owners pay for their memberships. Is this correct? Or does that not apply to plug-and-charge functions?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I swear I saw you…were you sporting the all white Reebok high tops with the Def Leopard t-shirt, holding the Spencer’s bag at the Orange Julius?
That was me! I had just been kicked out of the arcade because I ran out of quarters😞

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I was up in Cheyenne today and stopped by the new RAN station to top off while I grabbed some lunch. It’s not that close to I-25 or I-80, but there are a bunch of food and/ or shopping options while you are there. Also has 2 pull through chargers for those of you pulling trailers!

Notable - Cheyenne might have the last indoor mall in America. I went inside and felt like I was transported back to the 80s/ 90s. I bought myself a gyro (greek taco) at the food court. :cool:

As you can see, not another Rivian in sight.

IMG_0168.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

I’ve gotta check that out. Cheyenne has a Menards, which alone is a reason to drive up there. My wife also found several good antique shops. But an actual mall, now that a Gen X magnet. 😂

I’m heading to Leadville this morning. More antiquing for my wife. I’m hoping to spot some hand planes.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My understanding is that we can buy Tesla member pricing at the same monthly price that Tesla owners pay for their memberships. Is this correct? Or does that not apply to plug-and-charge functions?
Does not work with Plug and Charge. You need to activate the stall with the Tesla app and then plug in to get membership pricing. This is the same for Ford and has been the same for Ford on Electrify America since they started offering PnC too. Kind of ridiculous no one has figured this out yet. When I'm road tripping I only get the membership for the network I plan to use the most and cancel it at the end of the trip. If I just need a random top up on a local trip I don't bother with memberships and I definitely don't keep them active if I know I'm not going to use them for a few months.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

So I went down to Leadville yesterday. I tried to charge at EA in Frisco but they lived up to their reputation. Two dead chargers and two occupied. Fortunately I didn’t have any issues making it to Georgetown. All four ChargePoint chargers were up and working.

Can I have my CCS to NACS adapter now please?

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
So I went down to Leadville yesterday. I tried to charge at EA in Frisco but they lived up to their reputation. Two dead chargers and two occupied. Fortunately I didn’t have any issues making it to Georgetown. All four ChargePoint chargers were up and working.

Can I have my CCS to NACS adapter now please?
If you had one, where would you have charged along that route?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

If you had one, where would you have charged along that route?
Oh really, I thought they had chargers in Silverthorne. I guess those are not available for cars with adapters,,, yet. On the bright side, there appear to be a set of Superchargers going up in Copper Mountain.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Oh really, I thought they had chargers in Silverthorne. I guess those are not available for cars with adapters,,, yet. On the bright side, there appear to be a set of Superchargers going up in Copper Mountain.
I had to look this up but @BrentInCO is correct. I knew the original v2 superchargers at the Starbucks in Silverthorne wouldn't be compatible, but assumed the new v3 chargers were. Not so according to the Rivian charging map.
It's not the end of the world, but a little disappointing. We used Silverthorne a lot when skiing at Breck in our former Model X 75D. But with the extra 100 miles of range in the R1S, maybe Silverthorne won't be as important.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I had to look this up but @BrentInCO is correct. I knew the original v2 superchargers at the Starbucks in Silverthorne wouldn't be compatible, but assumed the new v3 chargers were. Not so according to the Rivian charging map.
It's not the end of the world, but a little disappointing. We used Silverthorne a lot when skiing at Breck in our former Model X 75D. But with the extra 100 miles of range in the R1S, maybe Silverthorne won't be as important.
Was just looking at supercharge.info and it looks like the stations in Silverthorne and Idaho Springs are both V3, but not showing on Tesla's NACS compatible map either.
Sponsored