First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford E-350 7.6L Power Stroke
Occupation
Retired
Any notification of when the new Rivian Service Center will open in Colorado Springs?
I am hoping this opening will allow the establishment of our R1S delivery window since they are no Service Centers, including current future plans, in New Mexico.
Pre-order date: January 31, 2020
Thanks for any updates.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It appears to still be under construction, but it looks to be pretty close to ready (from the outside). Address is 930 Newport Rd. Colorado Springs, CO 80916

These pics are from a user on Google maps in July:

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Springs Service Center PXL_20230714_202322933

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Springs Service Center PXL_20230714_202030830

OP
OP
TJM

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you! I saw these photos on google maps too. I appreciate you sending them. I agree that it looks good from the photos and from street view as well. As I have become used to: s. O. O. n.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thank you! I saw these photos on google maps too. I appreciate you sending them. I agree that it looks good from the photos and from street view as well. As I have become used to: s. O. O. n.
You're welcome! Have you requested shop access? There are obviously people who live in NM who own Rivians. Most of them made the trip to Denver to pick up after choosing from the shop, but it seems like Rivian is a little more strict now about enforcing the location thing. They don't want you getting a vehicle then being stranded that far away from service.

I feel like they allowed you to reserve it so they should let you make the final decision on that, even if they made you sign a waiver for the towing.

OP
OP
TJM

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have talked with a costumer service rep via phone and, among other things, said I would gladly pick up my R1S at the Denver SC. I also put that statement in writing to Rivian, multiple times. My sense is that the Rivian Service Centers are swamped and holding back orders to folks in locations not near a SC. I asked the customer service rep if that could be an issue and got no direct reply. The under promise, over deliver concept seems to have gone out the delivery window.

Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Any notification of when the new Rivian Service Center will open in Colorado Springs?
I am hoping this opening will allow the establishment of our R1S delivery window since they are no Service Centers, including current future plans, in New Mexico.
Pre-order date: January 31, 2020
Thanks for any updates.
I asked this question to a Denver Service Center rep 2 weeks ago. He stated the building was essentially complete and ready, but the hold up is final permitting and operating license. He had no estimate for the soft opening.

OP
OP
TJM

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you! This sounds like the new service center should be online very soon. That's good news. Maybe our October notification will be better news.

Stationmaster

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 1951 MG TD MKII
Occupation
retired educator
Drove over to see the place yesterday and it looks very nice. About 16 Level 2 chargers were available on the West and North sides. Three Rivians were parked outside but the main door was locked. Looking through the window, the lounge looks nice and the coffee maker looked ready for action. Did not see anyone inside.

OP
OP
TJM

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like it is about to open. Thanks much for the update!

chaynes745

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Per Pikes Peak Reginal Building Department, the Colorado Springs Service Center passed all final inspections and was provided with Certificate of Occupancy on 9/14/2023. It appears to be open/opening soon.

I was able to make a SC appointment for 11/1. Not sure if I have one of the first or if that is the current availability based on them already having a log of appointments.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJM

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Good news indeed! Maybe s. O. O. n.

AlexF

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, BMW
Occupation
Computer Systems Validation Engineer
I heard it was open and was able to reschedule my service appointment from late October in Denver to the 18th at the Springs service center.

QGessner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Correct. I just filed a service ticket on the Rivian App, and it defaulted to letting me schedule a Colorado Springs appointment.

OP
OP
TJM

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Fantastic news! Hope this affects our ‘delivery window’ email scheduled for this month.
Sponsored