Sponsored

Deliveries of 21 inch wheels or NON off-road upgrade?

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So it's pretty clear they've held off on ocean coast interior, and lots of posts discussing the why, etc. But has anyone taken delivery of 21 inch wheels? It doesn't look like it from delivery pictures.

Also, can anyone confirm if they've received an R1T WITHOUT the off road upgrade?
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I would like to know that also. That off road option reduces the R1T payload by 300+pounds.

Brian

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Also, can anyone confirm if they've received an R1T WITHOUT the off road upgrade?
Watching these items also. But looks like about half did not get the off road upgrade on the (much appreciated) delivery tracking spreadsheet on this site. Link at the top of the main page.
Rivian R1T R1S Deliveries of 21 inch wheels or NON off-road upgrade? 1648309607290

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

mmdavis174

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The 21” wheels are out there. I recently saw about 4 trucks with them at the Sacramento area service center.

Sponsored

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
There are trucks without the off road package for sure. Somebody provided pictures of one they took deliver of in a thread on here. It still had the silver skid plate and tow hooks.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Wait, is that a single aero cap? For some reason, I thought reach some piece was separate.
It looks like it but I was already creeper enough so didn’t want to go touching other’s stuff. IMO, it wasn’t the most aesthetically pleasing wheelset with the insert so without it may be much sharper.

One piece would make sense as it would presumably be a sturdier mount and cut down on losing the inserts. Could not tell if it was mounted via the lugnuts, center cap, or multiple snap ins.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
They are only delivering LE packages now and the wheel upgrades were mostly free for them. Seems most people would choose the pricey upgrades vs the free tires, thus less 21s to see being delivered.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

I would love a real world range test comparing the 20's and the 21's. Out of Spec's test on the 20s was promising. It sure would be nice to know the range delta between them to know if those ugly, oddball size 21's are worth keeping

OP
OP
tjaco007

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I would love a real world range test comparing the 20's and the 21's. Out of Spec's test on the 20s was promising. It sure would be nice to know the range delta between them to know if those ugly, oddball size 21's are worth keeping
Yes, fully agree. Based on Out of Spec Review, you could argue that with 21's you could see up to 345 real miles of range at 70 mph (in conserve mode), which would be huge. I'm not in love with the looks, but could be ok with it if I can get that kind of real world range.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Assuming there's no change to my timing (unlikely since I'm Q4 2022 and that's best case) I may ditch the off road package if the all Launch/Adventure get tow hooks standard. Save myself a few hundred pounds of weight and since I wouldn't do much rock crawling with an $80k vehicle it's not really needed.
Sponsored