Sponsored

DiveSherpa

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White)
Occupation
Technology
I just took a peek at the demo vehicle sale site and saw that there are only three vehicles left! I'm _so_ pleased to have hit the window of availability--by pure luck. I don't think we'll see multiple-dozens of available demos again for several years. Not until we are, once again, ramping up to a major refresh.
About an hour ago an R1S showed up and was there for about 15-20 minutes. Either they are still slowly dropping showroom vehicles (which I suspect may still happen as the new refreshed models come out) or someone backed out of a sale. Still, seeing a new vehicle pop in means someone may still get lucky on a good deal.
Sponsored

mcarver316

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22/R1T/20AT/RUS
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Be careful with Rivian Demos and check the vehicle thoroughly before driving away - I am happy overall with the truck itself, but bummed at the service center that processed the sale neglected to mention the fender damage on the R1T that I have to find out for myself post-sale. I submitted a ticket and hoping they will make it right.

Rivian R1T R1S Demo Rivians Now for Sale R1T_fender_damage-1.JPG

bronco7777

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fisker Ocean ONE, Kia EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Analyst
So I just took a look and all 2022 demo vehicles are gone. None are available. Everything is showing as "sales pending". So the question now is: Will Rivian release 2023 and/or 2024 versions of their demo vehicles now that Gen 2 should be filling up their stores?

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
The charging records on mine showed it charging at “Palo Alto Home” until Dec. 2023, inspire of it coming from Chicago (and then delivery in Chelsea, MA). My suspicion was that my truck was probably an employee/executive vehicle or something, spending most of its time in Palo Alto L2 charging.
Rivian branded wall chargers all report their location as Palo Alto home for some reason - our truck has never left Illinois or Missouri and is convinced it spends each night in Silicon Valley :)

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Rivian branded wall chargers all report their location as Palo Alto home for some reason - our truck has never left Illinois or Missouri and is convinced it spends each night in Silicon Valley :)
Mine reports as Home-Brighton, CO

Then if I click on the details, it gives my home address.

Sponsored

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
Mine reports as Home-Brighton, CO

Then if I click on the details, it gives my home address.
Perhaps I need an OTA to fix, this should be somewhere in St Louis…
Rivian R1T R1S Demo Rivians Now for Sale IMG_0984

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Thirteen new R1Ts just got added to the "demos" site--looks like a couple of sweet deals in there for someone (including at least one 2023)!
Some of these 100 mile 2022s are still at Normal. Makes me wonder if they've just been sitting outside with a dead battery for the last 18 months.

bronco7777

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fisker Ocean ONE, Kia EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Analyst
Thirteen new R1Ts just got added to the "demos" site--looks like a couple of sweet deals in there for someone (including at least one 2023)!
Now if only I could get a Rivian Sales guide to call me back. Already have one R1T in the cart with an order # for over a week without a reply.

mcarver316

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22/R1T/20AT/RUS
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Now if only I could get a Rivian Sales guide to call me back. Already have one R1T in the cart with an order # for over a week without a reply.
Schedule a test drive at your nearest service center and tell the test drive guide about purchasing demo vehicle from the rivian demo website. They are very eager to make a sale and should expedite your purchase request.

Sponsored

Ggunn9

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, model y perf
Occupation
Legal
Clubs

Schedule a test drive at your nearest service center and tell the test drive guide about purchasing demo vehicle from the rivian demo website. should expedite your purchase request.
this worked for me. I place my Order on a Thursday. Scheduled a demo drive on Sunday. Less than two hours after the drive I received a call. I have paid my deposit and now I wait. I have a call scheduled with my guide in 40 mins. (6/13/2024 at 2pm Eastern time).

I will update this post with what happens on my call.

--6/13/2024 at 2:08pm--
My Rivian guide called me on time as scheduled to discuss my purchase. He stated he was on a few days off but the ball was indeed in his court as far as loading my Vin to my account and then I would work payment. I let him know I have a few days when he wont be able to reach me. So I wanted things to progress or be on hold until I could work them. But I assured him I am not in a hurry. I am not trying to push him. I would be fine waiting until we got into July. But that is a new Fiscal qtr. I assume Rivian will want the R1T off their books.

Last edited:

Laserboy1054

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have a call scheduled with my guide in 40 mins. (6/13/2024 at 2pm Eastern time).

I will update this post with what happens on my call.
I hope your call goes well and look forward to your "report"! Are you comfortable sharing with us which service center you visited for your test-drive? I'm very intrigued (and concerned) about the extreme range of experiences people are having at the SCs.

Good luck!

Ggunn9

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, model y perf
Occupation
Legal
Clubs

I hope your call goes well and look forward to your "report"! Are you comfortable sharing with us which service center you visited for your test-drive? I'm very intrigued (and concerned) about the extreme range of experiences people are having at the SCs.

Good luck!
I have been all over. Most of my experiences are at the Ponce City Market in Atlanta, GA. And the Atlanta Service Center. I also did a demo drive in Salt Lake City, Utah.

My most recent demo drive that got the ball rolling was done at Ponce City Market Rivian Space, Atlanta, GA. I connected with the guide. She was from the same city as me and we realized we both have Army veteran parents. I spoke her a long time and she ensured me that I would get a call in the coming days about my demo drive and/or demo purchase.

GonGo66

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M340i
Hello all,

I've been on the fence about closing on an R1S Demo Unit I managed to reserve. Point Of Sales EV Discount would work great since on our household we qualify based on last years income, but would not qualify for next year. So can someone provide details if / how they made this work? the customer service im working with has told me there's no POS EV Discount on this unit since original MSRP is higher than 80k. Working with third party financing since rivian / chase financing wouldnt match their own offer even if you have an 800+pt credit, they might have their own math somehow.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

Hello all,

I've been on the fence about closing on an R1S Demo Unit I managed to reserve. Point Of Sales EV Discount would work great since on our household we qualify based on last years income, but would not qualify for next year. So can someone provide details if / how they made this work? the customer service im working with has told me there's no POS EV Discount on this unit since original MSRP is higher than 80k. Working with third party financing since rivian / chase financing wouldnt match their own offer even if you have an 800+pt credit, they might have their own math somehow.
Correct. The original MSRP must be under $80K. There are demos that are $75K but the sticker is over 80 and thus no POS credit.
Sponsored