Sponsored

Diminished real range 14 months in

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have about 9k miles on my R1T after the 14 months I've owned it. Mostly local driving on 20" AT. Have always had the latest updates.
It's been charged to 100% a dozen times but most other times to 70 or 80. I only charge about once every 10 days or so.
Every single one of my charges has been on my 48A home charger. I never charge outside the house.
My range estimate shows ~309 miles in conserve but my real world is lower than that by a lot as it turns out.

I did an all-highway drive in conserve mode from Irvine to Escondido and back through Temecula with a few other detours in light traffic at 65F the other day and ran the car from 100% to 0% and only got 229 miles of range. That included some city driving but most (200+) highway miles. The drive in question has a few moderate climbs but I was expecting to get closer to 270 miles out of it. I literally let the car hit zero but doing a few turns around the neighborhood at the end before charging. I also had my AC at 72 the whole way but it wasn't doing much of a struggle to keep it steady.

Has anyone else with 1yr+ ownership seen diminished range numbers like this?
I have a service appointment scheduled to check the health of the battery next week and will update everyone here.

On the plus side, the highway assist feature seems to work a lot better than it did a year ago.
Service Ticket time
Sponsored