Sponsored

Driver priority when two drivers in car

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I am listed as the owner on our R1S but it is mostly driven by my wife. Anyone know if possible to change default driver priorities to load her profile automatically when we are both in vehicle? Other than going into driver profile menu and selecting every time?
Sponsored

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My experience is that the first phone that unlocks the vehicle sets the driver profile. If that is the case, I’m not sure changing the default would matter…I could be wrong (probably the case).

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
If depends on whose key unlocks the vehicle. The keys are assigned to specific drivers, which is how the vehicle "knows". If you are using the FOB, you could reassign that to your wife. If you are using phone keys, you could disable yours to ensure that the vehicle would always see hers first when you both approach the vehicle..

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
If depends on whose key unlocks the vehicle. The keys are assigned to specific drivers, which is how the vehicle "knows". If you are using the FOB, you could reassign that to your wife. If you are using phone keys, you could disable yours to ensure that the vehicle would always see hers first when you both approach the vehicle..
Interesting post topic. Thanks for that. But, how does one "reassign" the fob, and how does one "disable" a phone key? I bet you know this, and I know I don't.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
you can try signing your wife in to the app on both phones. This is what i had to do with my wife (sign me in to both) to stop my knees from being crushed when it always picked up her phone before mine.

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
We use PaaK and we are often both the truck. We find the phone that approaches the drivers side takes priority. This works 95% of the time. The name will automatically switch on the screen and move to preferred settings. If you're using key cards, they are tied to the driver.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
how does one "reassign" the fob
You can do this from the app. Slide up on the main screen and scroll down to the "Drivers and Keys" section. Click that. There you will see a list of the assigned keys and drivers. To change ownership of the FOB, click on the FOB key and there will be a "Reassign key" button.

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
You can do this from the app. Slide up on the main screen and scroll down to the "Drivers and Keys" section. Click that. There you will see a list of the assigned keys and drivers. To change ownership of the FOB, click on the FOB key and there will be a "Reassign key" button.
Thanks. You should write to owners manual for Rivian.
Sponsored