Sponsored

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
I have been using Teslafi since 2016 and have logged about 150,000 miles with them. I love their platform and the data provided.

I have been pushing them to make a version for the Rivian and today, they launched a beta with a 2 month free trial period.

You can sign up at ElectraFi Beta Free Trial

Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Web capture_10-8-2023_20743_www.electrafi.com
Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Web capture_10-8-2023_20839_www.electrafi.com
Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Web capture_10-8-2023_20954_www.electrafi.com
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

For the uninformed, could you tell us what Teslafi is, exactly?

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
For the uninformed, could you tell us what Teslafi is, exactly?
They connect to the Rivian api of the car and log the data being sent between the car and Rivian. With that data, they have reports that show all kinds of data on driving, charging, idle vampire loss etc.

I have learned alot using this over the years.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Hell yeah, I just signed up. I missed being able to nerd out on the data. I wonder if now we can use TeslaFI API and get easier access to the data ourselves.

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
I love the app, I use it for my teslas and it tracks battery and trip data. If you want to all the data they do a good job of presenting it.

Now all I need is my truck.

Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I think its great! I just signed up. I wish you can have two cars in one account. I need to create a second account for the R1S.

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Hell yeah, I just signed up. I missed being able to nerd out on the data. I wonder if now we can use TeslaFI API and get easier access to the data ourselves.
Their are some options to access the data.
Rivian R1T R1S Electrafi (Teslafi) now available for Rivian Web capture_10-8-2023_204646_www.electrafi.com

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
I think its great! I just signed up. I wish you can have two cars in one account. I need to create a second account for the R1S.
With my Teslas, I have two accounts that are linked and I see both cars in either account.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

As someone who loves data and whose career is largely rooted in software observability, I love the idea of collecting and analyzing this data. However, there's no effing way I'm handing over my Rivian credentials to a third party. I refused to do this for my Tesla when I owned one, and I'm not doing it for my R1T either. I know it's not "convenient" but these services should advocate for token-based authentication or first-party integrations.
This, exactly. How much do we trust the single developer that is working on this with your data?

Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

It says they recommend you create a seperate Rivian account for ElecraFi by inviting a driver. Thing is will this constantly wake it up and prevent it from sleeping?

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

As someone who loves data and whose career is largely rooted in software observability, I love the idea of collecting and analyzing this data. However, there's no effing way I'm handing over my Rivian credentials to a third party. I refused to do this for my Tesla when I owned one, and I'm not doing it for my R1T either. I know it's not "convenient" but these services should advocate for token-based authentication or first-party integrations.
Would you ever do a self-hosted version of some sort? It might be fun to make a hacky crapola take on this idea.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I'm less concerned with the developer misusing my credentials, and more concerned with the long-term risk of a security incident and having those credentials (or best case, tokens they've acquired with my credentials) compromised.
That was actually my point. I'm not confident that a developer is going to be able to protect my data from being compromised.
Sponsored